90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #11  
That sounds like a lot of power for your mower. A 30 HP tractor would handle your 5 foot mower.

I'd probably want a 6 foot mower or so with your tractor.

As mentioned, a clutch on the PTO shaft would be a good idea.

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #12  
Any way it’s a ticking time boom unless you know the ground well. Hit a stump and good bye old brush cutter. Slip clutch may not slip in time to save your gear box

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #13  
Hi there, I am relatively new to tractors and farming. I am currently running a Kubota M9000 90ish HP and I have an old 5ft rotary mower. The pto shaft is shot, parts are as expensive as a new one. I suppose I have a 2 part question.

Am I ok to run the smaller rotary on my kubota? I use it mainly to keep ahead of sapplings (mostly less than 1" diameter". Assuming so, does the new pto shaft need to be a series match for my tractor hp?

Thanks,
The rating of your gearbox is probably 45 HP for a 5' mower. Having BTDT, you DO NOT drive a gear box with more HP than that for which it is rated.

Besides that, the 5' needs to be a 6', probably 7' depending on the spacing of your rear tires to ensure that the tractor's width falls within the width of the mower. Once you get over 6' a drag type mower with dual rear wheels is what I recommend since a 3PT 7' mower is a beast whereby a drag 7' with duals and double blades is a whole different story.....BTDT and paid the price of ignorance of what I told you.

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower
Ok thanks all. I've bought older implements in the past and just run them with whatever shaft they have come with and never gave it much thought. I've probabbly been a little lucky, but I also don't use the pto implements all that much.

Thanks for the help and direction. Yes it is a 6 spline 1 3/8s and smooth sheer pin on the mower side.

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #15  
as long as you have a shear pin or clutch. Run it.

I run smaller implements behind my 50hp just because I was given them

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #16  
You can’t beat the skill of knowing you own equipment. Whether operating it or working on it. I agree with you sir!

/ 90hp tractor 5ft rotary mower #17  
And also Hidden toco, mishaps can happen with perfectly matched equipment.