99 problems and my tractor is every one of them

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #31  
There is certainly of damage due to pictures submitted to me by service manager. The plastic radiator mount is seen below.
The crack occurs through thin metal mesh on hood that protects exhaust pipe. Age of damage is hard to determine due to tractor having only 67 hours on it.
The owners manual only explicitly states to check reservoir level. No mention of radiator cap or any other means to gauge level.
That looks like impact damage. Did they send you pictures of the hood? I think that's where you need to be looking next to try to determine what caused the damage and possibly when it happened., i.e., under your control or under theirs.

Checking the reservoir wouldn't tell you that the radiator itself is low on coolant due to a leak in the radiator. The temp gauge should rise if the coolant temp is excessive, but there usually isn't any kind of gauge that tells you the coolant level other than looking at the level in the radiator itself.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them
That looks like impact damage. Did they send you pictures of the hood? I think that's where you need to be looking next to try to determine what caused the damage and possibly when it happened., i.e., under your control or under theirs.

Checking the reservoir wouldn't tell you that the radiator itself is low on coolant due to a leak in the radiator. The temp gauge should rise if the coolant temp is excessive, but there usually isn't any kind of gauge that tells you the coolant level other than looking at the level in the radiator itself.
Agreed the temp gauge is what's throwing me off. It was dead level. Some other heavy duty mechanics have speculated that it might be bad injectors and the melted injection harness was a product of that as well constantly calling for Regen. Just another avenue im looking at.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #33  
Kioti Regeneration Process

See if this helps any.

Also, there is a YT video by Curtis 1824 Farm where he mentions having the check engine light come on and was told by his dealer that it could be related to an an injector issue affecting the DPF.

Last edited:
   / 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #34  
The radiator damage could quite easily been done in disassembly.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them
Kioti Regeneration Process

See if this helps any.

Also, there is a YT video by Curtis 1824 Farm where he mentions having the check engine light come on and was told by his dealer that it could be related to an an injector issue affecting the DPF.
Thank you. I will.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #37  
I am crazy old school, but take the money you will spend on a lawyer (that still doesn't guarantee a win) and the money they quoted you for the repair and buy an older tractor without this electronic garbage and you will be miles ahead.
Then you can part this one out and hang a big sign on it "Only 67 hour Kioti parts" and keep posting it on social media, let them know your plans and ask them for help selling the parts, so it keeps it fresh in their mind the big negative advertising this 67 hour tractor will bring.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #38  
This is why all my tractors have 2 cylinders that point in the direction of travel. Eliminates all kinds of confusion.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #39  
sounds like somebody unloaded their trouble's onto you. don't know about the reliability of the S. Korean tractors.

/ 99 problems and my tractor is every one of them #40  
There is generally nothing wrong with S. Korean tractors nor any other tractor that is reasonably well engineered, assembled and built with quality components. There is nothing mechanical or electric or electronic that will not fail sometime or somehow. There is also nothing that can't be abused and misused to the point of failure. They aren't bullet proof or inexperience proof.

As for new tractors, they are over engineered and just too complex. Computers and plastic do not belong on tractors for serious use. The number of sensors and connectors and wiring just lead to an opportunity for failure and unreliability especially when those items are linked in series as they are in most safety interlock systems.

As for radiators and overheating.... it all depends on when and how the damage was done a to who is at fault. Usually getting hot does not result in engine damage unless the thing is run into the ground and cooked. Something usually smell bad before that, like a melted wiring harness.

I'll take this event as a reminder to physically inspect the coolant levels instead of just keeping an eye on the thermostat though that has always served me very well through plugged radiators, leaking water pumps and all.

As for repairs and failures, if you have equipment it will have to be repaired even if it is brand new. Stuff happens and happens more often if you missed something in operation and maintenance.