A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question...

/ A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question... #1  

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Hello all,

I posted here and read as much as I could find about the B7510 and similar size Kubota tractors and I want to thank all of you for the responses. When I finally made it back to the dealer I felt I had no questions left about the tractor itself, because they were all answered by you guys, most of them in previous posts by other people who went through the same search process as I did. Here I just want say a few things to help people who are in the search now: For me the only thing that it really came down to between the BX and B models is the ground clearance. I believe that the BX24 would have been strong enough to handle all I need but I have 2 acres of groomed lawn and 8 acres of woods with rocks and very uneven roads. I don't plan on making large scale improvements to the roads because I kind of like it the way it is. I do however cut firewood and I need to get that out. Previously I used a fourwheeler and a small self built trailer for the same work and that is where I learned about ground clearance as a major issue. After a rather long wait and somewhat frustrating 4 week process (on dealer's part) I finally took delivery of a new-to-me 2005 B7510 Turf Special with a new LA302 loader last week. The unit has (had) 71 Hrs when it rolled off the truck at my house and it made me very happy to see it here. First I took off the mowing deck and pumped the all bearings and greasefittings full as it was described by several members here and than I took the loader off to mow my yard. Both myself and my wife were astounded to see the results in less than 2 hours (it took me 4+ with equipment I owned previously) and I wasn't exhausted when finished with the work (play time really)
I'm very satisfied with the tractor but for the mowing it is a bit of a tradeoff because the ROPS is soo tall and it does not fit under some of my appletrees. That is where the BX would have been better with a folding ROPS. But there is no perfect solutuion just best middleground.

And here comes the question. I checked if the spindles on the deck are throwing any grease onto the blets and what I found was hydro fluid leaking onto the deck. It appears to be coming from the Hdro block outlet where the lines are connected for the loader hydraulics. I do have warrante on the machine and as I said the loader is brand new. It just seems like sloppy installation on the dealer's part. Is that something that I can (should) try to tighten or I should fight it out with the dealer? It seems to be leaking even when loader is not used or not even attached. I only put 4 hours on it so far so I don't think it was my fault. your input (again) would be much welcomed.
easygo

/ A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question... #2  
It seems you have a good handle on what is going on… Check the fittings, snug things up, clean everything well, keep an eye on it and you will soon tell if it’s leaking somewhere else, or if you got it…
You can always replace your ROPS with a folding ROPS… fruit trees don’t like anyone getting too close under them… Have fun, KennyV.

/ A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question... #3  
Hi easygo,
Had that exact problem with my B7610. Took the machine back to the dealer and they found that the 'hydroblock', as you call it, wasn't made right and that the O-ring between the block and the tractor casting wasn't seating. I seem to recall them saying that the groove the ring seats in was only partially cut.

They replaced the block and all has been dry underneath ever since. It's a small part and probably not expensive. You might consider replacing it yourself if the dealer gives you a hassle over transportation or the warranty. Still, it would be best if the dealer did it.

As to the ROPS, I hear you. I've got pine trees and nut trees galore and the ROPS, even folded, was a disaster waiting to happen. Had 3 accidents/incidents in the first hour of mowing with it. Luckily the ROPS on the B7610 can be unbolted from the stubs that protrude up through the fenders and removed....which I promptly did. Yours probably is the same and I believe they are made this way so they can be easily removed. No such luck with my larger Kubota.

Some here say the dealers won't service a tractor that has had the ROPS removed. That hasn't been my experience.
Bob

/ A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question... #4  
Another valuabe piece of info to store... Thanks for sharing.

/ A few thoughts on a B7510 and a hydro fluid leak question...
Thanks for the info Bob. That is good to know. I did however check the leak and it appears to drip from the hose attachment not between the block and the engine or outlet connector or whathaveya. I think I will go with your advice and let the dealer take care of it. After all they just installed the new FEL one week ago and it has not been used at all. I would be very much unwilling to pay for the repair (more like proper installation) in this case.
I will look into the folding ROPS but I have some sidehills and would be scared to mow without the protection. Anyone have an idea what it costs to go from rigid to folding ROPS?
thanks
easygo