A frame Hoist

/ A frame Hoist #11  
I would add a strut at the botton, near the casters, to keep it from doing the splits.

/ A frame Hoist #12  
I like your shop! I did the same thing, with an internal pitched roof for added height for the auto lift.
6-12 outside, 3-12 inside. Got away with only 9' side walls.

/ A frame Hoist #13  
I like your shop! I did the same thing, with an internal pitched roof for added height for the auto lift.

/ A frame Hoist
I would add a strut at the botton, near the casters, to keep it from doing the splits.

Don't believe you need that with the size of the tube and the angle it is on there is enough material there to weld too, also went with this design just because there is no bar at the bottom. This makes it easier to roll, around the shop as you can go over the small stuff.

/ A frame Hoist

Thanks, if anyone is interested I can start a second post with the specifics on how we did it. When we built it I was on a tight budget, so we went with stock truss and over the lift we used rafters to match the roof pitch. Then with a 24" over hang we were able to get that extra foot tucked up into the soffit. We can lift a car all the way up and not hit, when I lift the suburban I have to watch.

Since we look at it from the house and it is the first thing you see when you come in the road we didn't want this monstrosity that is why we build this building the way we did.

/ A frame Hoist #16  
Don't believe you need that with the size of the tube and the angle it is on there is enough material there to weld too, also went with this design just because there is no bar at the bottom. This makes it easier to roll, around the shop as you can go over the small stuff.

Just saw the two 10" long horizontal pieces in the plans. I missed them in the pics. Looks like it should hold up just fine.

You can see that if they wern't there, it wouldn't be nearly as strong.

/ A frame Hoist #17  
LOL,
I recall a teen using a child's swing set (shortened the cross tube) and block and tackle to pull my MG engine.
Ah, those days.

/ A frame Hoist #18  
Thanks, if anyone is interested I can start a second post with the specifics on how we did it.

Probably just us two. I had the same situation with the same solution. I should find some of my pics to compare....

/ A frame Hoist #19  
I'm interested. The HF model is just too small. Yet I need something that will lower down to fit in the shop I'm stuck with.