a good place to get angle steel??

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #101  
I have yet to see a hinge I couldn't get a part! :laughing:

Attachments

• Cutting cone.jpg
    Cutting cone.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 140
   / a good place to get angle steel??
LOL! If I used a torch then I'd have to start a whole new thread on how to put it back together again! :confused2: :silly:

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #104  
Are both hinges mounted the same direction with the pin head facing the left? If so, you can simply take a small 3 or 4 lb hammer and knock the gate sideways tapping on the right side until the pins come out. Or you can take a small hammer and a screw driver (or cold chisel) and hit the inside head of the pin like you were trying to knock it out and the pin should start to move.

That's the point, get it!? :laughing:

Are both hinges mounted the same direction with the pin head facing the left? If so, you can simply take a small 3 or 4 lb hammer and knock the gate sideways tapping on the right side until the pins come out. Or you can take a small hammer and a screw driver (or cold chisel) and hit the inside head of the pin like you were trying to knock it out and the pin should start to move.

Thanks, the zerks both face the middle. So I'll try to knock out the pins banging on the zerk ends.

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #107  
I better hurry up and subscribe to this thread ;)

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #108  
Thanks, the zerks both face the middle. So I'll try to knock out the pins banging on the zerk ends.

I wouldn't bank on the zerk ends or you will probably ruin the threading etc. I would rather cut the around the pins or the easiest place to reweld the ramp without damaging the pins?

Maybe my best bet is just to lay the ramp down inside the trailer if it'll go, or even vertically weld the angles on without even messing with the hinges.
Gracious - such an easy fix gone sooo awry! :eek:

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #110  
Maybe my best bet is just to lay the ramp down inside the trailer if it'll go, or even vertically weld the angles on without even messing with the hinges.
Gracious - such an easy fix gone sooo awry! :eek:

Nothing is as easy as it seems. If you only welded a single leg on each side of the midpoint of the ramp you would decrease the span by 50% and would solve all your needs. A piece of wood would have the same effect. Make sure if you weld one it is slightly shorter than needed as the rear of the trailer will settle when loading or unloading. If it was perfect height when the trailer was empty, it would be stuck with the weight of the tractor. Good luck and there are many ways to accomplish success...me, I pick the easiest.