Comparison A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #11  
The John Deere sites online brochure for the 4000 series shows the CX 400 loaders capacity at 2194 lbs to full height at the pivot pins.

Vince,

You make a good point. My previous post was for regular loaders and not self-leveling loaders. Yes, the 400CX's pivot pin's are at 2194lbs and the 500mm is at 2339lbs. The 400CX is a mechanical self-leveling loader so it is stronger at 500mm. When lifting something with a regular loader, the force exerted by the bucket's load tends to make the bucket want to tip outward. On a mechanical self-leveling type loader like the 400CX, the mechanical linkages causes the bucket's outward tip force to be exerted on the linkage apparatus which applies the lift force to the arms; in turn this helps to augment the loader's hydraulic lift capacity.

Attachments

• 400CX.jpg
    400CX.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
   / A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #12  
Interesting, how a self-leveling loader works near full height. I think in low and mid-level lifting the DK would still lift a bit more but unless the OP is going to be moving large square bales, I doubt a couple hundred pounds is going to matter too much.
I'm interested to see how the OP compares the two. I never bothered even to look in the cabbed tractors when I was buying so I don't know how they compare.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #13  
Interesting, how a self-leveling loader works near full height. I think in low and mid-level lifting the DK would still lift a bit more but unless the OP is going to be moving large square bales, I doubt a couple hundred pounds is going to matter too much.
I'm interested to see how the OP compares the two. I never bothered even to look in the cabbed tractors when I was buying so I don't know how they compare.

Nah, at the end of the day the JD 400CX and the KL401 are pretty even. But like you said, it all depends on what the OP is doing with the loader. The JD cab is nicer and quieter, but when I was looking at the Kioti cab, it was really nice and impressive!

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #14  
Vince,

You make a good point. My previous post was for regular loaders and not self-leveling loaders. Yes, the 400CX's pivot pin's are at 2194lbs and the 500mm is at 2339lbs. The 400CX is a mechanical self-leveling loader so it is stronger at 500mm. When lifting something with a regular loader, the force exerted by the bucket's load tends to make the bucket want to tip outward. On a mechanical self-leveling type loader like the 400CX, the mechanical linkages causes the bucket's outward tip force to be exerted on the linkage apparatus which applies the lift force to the arms; in turn this helps to augment the loader's hydraulic lift capacity.
Self leveling isn't really nessasary.
But if you do a lot of higher up loading, like over the side of a truck it sure is nice to have.
A lot less likely to spill the load all over the hood.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #15  
I think self leveling is mainly good for pallet forks and loading hay.

/ A Kioti DK45SE(C) vs. a John Deere of compariable size. #16  
People tend to focus on lift to max height but that is not a task that most people do with their loaders regularly. A full bucket of just about anything other than enriched uranium ore is going to weigh much less than what any of the loaders (Kioti,Kubota,JD) are capable of lifting to full height. I suppose someone lifting big round bales would want to be able to lift those higher than a pickup for storage but there aren't too many other really heavy loads that tend to get lifted high. To me the best figures would be total lift to pickup bed height and breakout force. I use breakout force all the time when grappling stumps. Moving heavy stuff up four or five feet for transport is also a common task. The reason I make this point is that the geometry that favors a high lift to full height may well not be optimal for maximum middle height lift or breakout. If I recall correctly the Kubota LA852 loses to the Kioti KL401 at full height by a few hundred pounds or more but still beats the Kioti in breakout.