A little dirt work…

/ A little dirt work… #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
After years and years of this bank washing and covering the gravel to the shop… I finally dug out the bank… we have about 5 ft of property to the property line.. and I’ll use all that dirt and then put up a small retaining wall…
The new Yanmar YT359c DID GREAT… if I’m right a heavy heaped bucket should be about 16-18 cubic ft.. so 2 would be a yard..built a dirt pile from the bank spoils.. and then moved it to the drop area.. the pile which I forgot to get a picture of was 7-8 ft tall, 12-14 ft wide and 8 ft deep.. I’d estimate at least 20 cubic yards..maybe a little more…..

Roughly 9 hours of work.

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6626.jpeg
    IMG_6626.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
   / A little dirt work… #3  
(y) Are you planning to remove more to tree fallen down?

/ A little dirt work…
(y) Are you planning to remove more to tree fallen down?
Yes. I have a tree guy and will be removing 3-4 trees and getting that little tree gone on top of the bank..

/ A little dirt work… #5  
Good work for you and your tractor. Nice job !

gg

/ A little dirt work… #6  
Good work!

It's really amazing what these CUT's can do.

I did a similar project a few years back. I had a sloped area at the edge of one of my fields that I used as a shooting range. There is a half mile of thick woods beyond, so I wasn't worried about shooting in that direction. Still, I became worried about tree damage over time and the area had an annoying slope.

P1050970.JPG

I killed two birds with one stone by cutting back the bank and using the spoils to make a berm.

IMG_000360.JPG

IMG_000370.JPG

A contractor wanted 12K to do the work, which I did in 3 days with my MX5800.

/ A little dirt work… #7  
Fantastic work.

I know these tractors can do amazing work - but - the operator also needs to have some skill.

I am still attempting to learn that skill!!