Tiller a little tiller advice

/ a little tiller advice #21  
Garrabo, I read in the TSC catalog that their 60" tiller requires 25 HP. I just ordered a 49" from CCM . They seem to require less PTO HP across all tiller widths, maybe nothing to this I don't know for sure. I read on here somewhere that you should go by manufacturer's HP recommendations. Also read a lot of good reports on CCM. I'll let you know what I think of it when it gets here.

/ a little tiller advice
thanks all..
I'll await testimonials.

/ a little tiller advice #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Garrabo, I read in the TSC catalog that their 60" tiller requires 25 HP. I just ordered a 49" from CCM . They seem to require less PTO HP across all tiller widths, maybe nothing to this I don't know for sure. )</font>

According to the manufacturer of ccm tillers
http://www.turkaytarim.com/eng/4_index_prod05.htm

minimum hp is the same as kk, 25 hp is required for tillers bigger than 48".

/ a little tiller advice #24  
The one I have is definatly made for the forward dirrection only. I have backed into a couple of areas in low rev, but it does a much better job fwd. I live in Newnan,Ga and it chews my clay beautifully. After you get it broken up once and remove the rocks it finds, you should be able to do full depth pass' without a problem, just select the speed it is comfortable with.

/ a little tiller advice #25  
I have had my CCM tiller for almost 2 years with no problems. My local TSC store sells KK but the fit and finish on the CCM is far superior. It is gear drive and has a slip clutch.

Attachments

• 723820-4330 Kubota 5.JPG
    723820-4330 Kubota 5.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
   / a little tiller advice #26  
If there are trees in your field, to clean the vicinity of trees, you need a tiller with a "tree sensor" like mine in attachment. Mine is 20", but it's available up to 30". I bought it from a manufacturer here. Requires 20 hp. I believe this is just for the compacts.

Attachments

• 723904-atiller0.jpg
    723904-atiller0.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 206
   / a little tiller advice #27  
Nomad:

My tiller also has a tree sensor. Sits on the tractor seat and just plain evades any trees in site. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Doesn't cost any extra either. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ a little tiller advice #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
By the way, why does the KK get bashed so much? )</font>

It's not "pretty". It's not "shiney". It sells at less-than-fashionable outlets. (i.e. Tractor Supply)

You MIGHT find a better tiller, but I don't see it. (For the money anyway)

/ a little tiller advice
I'ts looking like the 58 inch commercial duty tiller from ccm will do it for me.

/ a little tiller advice #30  
Nomad, Thats interesting I got my info from CCM ,their posted HP ratings are a lot diferent than the Manufacturer's.