A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #1  

mauistardog

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK30HST
A newbie\'s comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST

Hi All,
I thought is would be fun to write a few things I discovered since owning my Kioti. Remember I have never owned any tractor before so I can not compare one from another. and I don't work on car or truck or anything like that. I am desk jockey M-F...

so first off the Kioti is forgiving to first time buyers. Buy new because is if you don't know what you are looking for or at,..you could end up with a piece of junk.

Buy a good grease gun. I bought one from Checker Auto and I could not get the thing off the nipples. Broke several and people kept telling me it would get easier with use. If you can't even get the thing off, how are you suppose to use it. Finally my neighbor tried it and said some thing was wrong with it. I bought a 3 dollar tip from NAPA and it works great and comes off fine. so.. stick to NAPA or similar quality.

Enter and exit the tractor on the left side only.. no need to break your loader joy stick or trip and falling off your tractor.

A gatoraid bottle make a great funnel. the top screws into the gas tank top nicely.

Go bigger if you can. I was going to get a CK20 but went for the CK30 after talking to some other people. I all most wish I could have gone even bigger.

If the job is too big for your tractor, hire it out. no since breaking it.

Throw your wheel barrow away. you wont need it anymore. the front loader is great please to mix cement. it will hold about 4 1/2 bags of quikcrete very nicely.

Buy the attachment you NEED, not what you WHAT.

A thumb on the backhoe is a must.

the kioti is well built and does not require much support, but when it's busted and you need help, a good LOCAL dealer is worth the extra price. So buy local.

The hydrolics on the backhoe is stronger than the backhoe. so ease up a bit or you will break it like I did.

Safty first, never touch the controls on the backhoe while standing on the ground.

the more you use it the better you will be at it.

aloha

Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #2  
Re: A newbie\'s comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST

"A gatoraid bottle make a great funnel. the top screws into the gas tank top nicely"

hooduthunkit?

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #3  

I have the same problem even with the napa made in china grease gun tips...
I need to get a different brand---I never think of it till i'm at the property where my tractor is---but i do tire of having to wiggle and yank. Nothing is sacred anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #4  

I bought what I thought was a fairly decent grease gun at Sears (around 20 bucks) and also purchased the rubber flex hose. The hose wouldn't fit the gun and the tip that came with the gun wouldn't fit the hose. I have had lots of problems with the tip not going on or off the fittings on the tractor. I'll probably spring for a better one once the snow melts.

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #5  

I picked up an air-powered grease gun from sears with an 18" flex hose. It works great! I will have to try that gatorade bottle trick. With the cab, it is difficult to get that last gallon of gas out of the tank I use to put gas in it.

Glad your happy ! <font color="orange">Go Kioti</font>

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #6  

Sure hope that diesel runs on gas! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Some greasegun tips can be adjusted for tightness.

Egon

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #7  

I bought the manual gun, I looked at the air-powered gun but didn't think I would need it. Then I started greasing all those fittings. I should have bought the air-powered. Hindsight is 20-20.

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #8  

Harbor Freight, item # 91794-1VGA, $12.99, works great in the summer. Needs to be kept in a warm place to work in the winter. I don't know what the problem is, just know that to get it to work during winter it has to be warm - temp. gets well below zero here.

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sure hope that diesel runs on gas! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)</font>

Gas - Diesel , you know what I mean /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have never had a problem with the air powered gun in the winter. Then again if it's below freezing, I wait until it warms up to grease all the fittings.

/ A newbie's comments after 8 months with a CK30 HST #10  

I have the lincoln battery powered grease gun.That was a great purchase.