A pullin son of a gun .

/ A pullin son of a gun . #1  

ToadHill

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac
My neighbor had a new 14' X 65' trailer delivered yesterday. The truck got almost to the top of the hill and then the tires started spinning on the mud and wet grass, and the move was all but over.

I went up the hill in my trusty DK35 with a chain in the bucket and figured I'd give him whatever help I could.

We hooked up to the truck and I put it in low range second gear, engaged the 4 wheel drive and stepped on the diff lock. I'll be dammed, the little tractor pulled the truck, trailer and all right up to the new house site without spinning a wheel.

Who'ed have thunk it?

/ A pullin son of a gun .
My neighbor had a new 14' X 65' trailer delivered yesterday. The truck got almost to the top of the hill and then the tires started spinning on the mud and wet grass, and the move was all but over.

I went up the hill in my trusty DK35 with a chain in the bucket and figured I'd give him whatever help I could.

We hooked up to the truck and I put it in low range second gear, engaged the 4 wheel drive and stepped on the diff lock. I'll be dammed, the little tractor pulled the truck, trailer and all right up to the new house site without spinning a wheel.

Who'ed have thunk it?

/ A pullin son of a gun . #5  
You didn't know you bought a tank.....but where are the pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good work. I bet the truck driver was surprised. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A pullin son of a gun . #6  
You didn't know you bought a tank.....but where are the pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good work. I bet the truck driver was surprised. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish I had pictures I could post, as far as cameras go I only have an old Canon FTb. The digital quit about 3 years ago and I always liked the "real" pictures better anyway.

I was supprised by the ability of this tractor myself, I'm sure loaded tires helped. and the fact that I only had to pull thru about 10 ft of mud then I got on wet grass.

I wish I had pictures I could post, as far as cameras go I only have an old Canon FTb. The digital quit about 3 years ago and I always liked the "real" pictures better anyway.

I was supprised by the ability of this tractor myself, I'm sure loaded tires helped. and the fact that I only had to pull thru about 10 ft of mud then I got on wet grass.

/ A pullin son of a gun . #9  
Can't say that I'm totally surprised /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pictures sure would have made it even sweeter. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep up the good work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

/ A pullin son of a gun . #10  
Can't say that I'm totally surprised /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pictures sure would have made it even sweeter. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep up the good work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David