A Question on my Horse fence project

/ A Question on my Horse fence project
Thanks! That was my first board fence.

Likewise!

Back in 1993 I built a 6' cedar dog-eared fence around my little back yard, so you could argue I was experienced, but I would dissagree.

This was my first shot at a "horse fence" style fence and I learned everything from a single dayI spent helping build a chunk of fence at the Equine Rescue where I got my horses about 4 years ago.

David

/ A Question on my Horse fence project
Hi David,
Madison is North and West of you. It is NW of Orange between Culpepper and Charlottesville on route 29 about 60+ miles from you.

Rick

Rick,

You are AWESOME!

I'm online looking and I will call them today.

You ROCK!
David

/ A Question on my Horse fence project #13  
Thanks! That was my first board fence.

For a wire fence I don't even drill a hole, they drive straight enough.

Either way they are tight instantly and stay that way.

Driving posts is definitely easier on the back. I just finished driving in 140 posts and now have to build my braces and stretch wire. I like the fact that the posts are really tight when you finish driving them. I rented the post driver I used from MWP supply and it was worth every dollar I paid. It was mounted on a trailer so I just hooked up to it and took it home and used it for two days. Rick

/ A Question on my Horse fence project #14  
Hey David, if I were you I'd definitely put in the extra effort to get the poplar boards you were using. They made for a nice sturdy,STRAIGHT fence. And whatever you do, don't succumb to getting deck boards!!! I'm not very happy with mine at all and am planning on replacing mine in sections as they break. Which, they break when you look at them wrong! Your fence is MUCH sturdier than mine as well.