A simple three point counterweight

/ A simple three point counterweight #21  
I did the 55 gallon drum too. I used a set of 7/8 pins from TSC for the lower arms and just used some scrap steel to make a top clevis. I put the lower pins in the center of the barrel so it doesn't stick out too far. The pins are threaded and came with nuts. I welded the nuts to a section of pipe and placed it inside then filled the whole thing full of cement. I did have a bunch of bags of cement that had set up before being used that got tossed in.

/ A simple three point counterweight #22  
Got more photos??? Interested in how you did the Toplink... I'm going back and forth from 55 gal. drum to a loaded pallet.

Here you go, let me know if you need any more. the 4x4 steel angle go all the way to the embeded drawbar and fasten in with large bolts, the 2 inch fastens to the drawbar with a long 3/4 inch all thread, and welded to the 2 inch receiver, and then rebar welded at an angle on each side to the drawbar and the side of the 2 inch reciever for side to side stabilization.

James K0UA

Attachments

• DSCF0317.JPG
    DSCF0317.JPG
    484.9 KB · Views: 4,563
  • DSCF0318.JPG
    DSCF0318.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 2,680
  • DSCF0319.JPG
    DSCF0319.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 2,957
   / A simple three point counterweight #23  
KOua! You have got a real nice counter weight that is very funtional. Nice job!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / A simple three point counterweight #24  
KOua! You have got a real nice counter weight that is very funtional. Nice job!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, yep it makes a world of difference, and the storage for handle tools, and chains is very handy. I have started to use the 2 inch receiver, for the sprayer, after getting 12Volts on the back of the tractor. It was a fun build, all except the welding with my head inside the barrel. The temp was in the 90's when I did that, and keeping the helmet on with all the sweat, leaning over into the barrel was a challenge.

James K0UA

/ A simple three point counterweight #25  
KOua: nice job but something just seems out of place, doesn't quite match :D

/ A simple three point counterweight #26  
   / A simple three point counterweight #27  
Awesome job... Thanks for the photos. I'm back to thinking the barrel is the way to go.

/ A simple three point counterweight #28  
How have you guys gone about getting them filled? Do you just take it to the concrete yard and let them pour it in there? Or just use sacks?

/ A simple three point counterweight #29  
I think it's about 10 80lb bags to fill a 55 gallon drum. But if you have rocks or old cement that's no good you can mix it in since you really don't care about strength. If you want to add PVC tubes like K0ua did the rocks would need to be placed a little more carefully.

/ A simple three point counterweight #30  
kOua: Looks awesome, should look good on my L3400 as well :) Been thinking about something to hold shovels, chains, etc...