A tip for those who clean their tractor.

/ A tip for those who clean their tractor. #1  

WaxMan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe
Maybe you guys already use this, but for the last couple of years I have been using Odorless paint thinner to clean the extra grease from the FEL joints. You know when you check your oil or air filter and get grease all over your shirt or jacket because we don't always have time to clean up the joints. I use Pennzoil RED synthetic grease and it is as sticky as it gets. The Odorless paint thinner removes it like wiping dust from a table.
The stuff works great just pour some on a rag and wipe the grease away. No smell either it's like pouring water on a rag. I have tried it all, diesel fuel, kerosine, brake clean.
This stuff MELTS the grease away without any odor or mess and won't damage the paint in anyway. I had some time today between storms for some maintenance. Yes it has been awhile since I cleaned and waxed my Kubota she still cleans up well. This is the only brand I have used so test what you buy first. Normally I would wipe that grease out of the inside too, but I didn't want you guys to think I was excessive :confused2: I cleaned that up after the picture.:thumbsup: Trust me it just wipes away instantly and leaves a clean dry surface behind.

Attachments

• FEL.JPG
    FEL.JPG
    534.2 KB · Views: 1,274
Last edited:
   / A tip for those who clean their tractor.
Yeah Rims too! You never know I might want to trade it in for that new b3000DHC?
I hope it will reflex that it was well cared for. If I don't trade it in I will still have one that looks new. I see it as a win-win:D

You don't ?:D
Oh Madness, Ductape is referring to a few years ago before you were around. I got so much **** for waxing my rims I had to either blow my head off or dive right in and change my name to WaxMan

/ A tip for those who clean their tractor. #6  
I'm not saying I won't ever wax a Kubota but I haven't yet.:)

I'm not saying I won't ever wax a Kubota but I haven't yet.:)

I would say if you haven't waxed it yet , you won't. The newness wears off after a while and you say why bother or never think about doing it. You'll probably put a coat on it before you sell or trade it and would probably look just like you have been waxing it all along

/ A tip for those who clean their tractor. #8  
I don't even wax my cars or truck. They will be junk when I get rid of them anyway.:D

/ A tip for those who clean their tractor. #9  
WHAT - you clean your tractor?

/ A tip for those who clean their tractor. #10  
I just put goggles on and drive mine through the car wash. Rainbow wax, rain-x and undercarriage spray please.