a welding question

/ a welding question #1  

frankroberts

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 50
I really need your advice on a serious problem: I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up; she goes out with the girls a lot. I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep.

Anyway last night about midnight I hid in the shed behind the tractor. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment crouched behind the tractor that I noticed a hairline crack in the front end loader mounting bracket. Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?

/ a welding question #2  
I am thinking I would replace that bracket:laughing::laughing: and Oh.. might replace that wife too.,:laughing::laughing:

pretty sneaky putting this in the welding forum instead of the joke thread.

James K0UA

/ a welding question #3  
Noticed your name, there is a Frank Roberts elementary in my home town (San Benito, TX). Coincidental or family?

I'm no expert, but you should be able to weld it. I've heard the best thing for cracks is to drill a small hole at the end to prevent further spreading and then weld it. But if it doesn't cost too much, safer to buy one.

Can you imagine the catastrophic failure you would of had if your wife wasn't cheating on you? A loader collapse can kill you......... or her.

/ a welding question #4  
Pretty Funny!! :thumbsup:

/ a welding question
Noticed your name, there is a Frank Roberts elementary in my home town (San Benito, TX). Coincidental or family?

I'm no expert, but you should be able to weld it. I've heard the best thing for cracks is to drill a small hole at the end to prevent further spreading and then weld it. But if it doesn't cost too much, safer to buy one.

Can you imagine the catastrophic failure you would of had if your wife wasn't cheating on you? A loader collapse can kill you......... or her.

No known connection to Texas Roberts.

Thanks for the welding advice.

frank roberts

/ a welding question #6  
You may also want to weld a piece of flat metal "strap" over the welded crack also, like maybe a piece of 1-1/2" x 1x4" for extra security.

/ a welding question #7  
You may also want to weld a piece of flat metal "strap" over the welded crack also, like maybe a piece of 1-1/2" x 1x4" for extra security.

What is he going to do about that other "crack":laughing::laughing: I cannot believe you guys are answering this as though it were a legitimate welding question..:shocked::shocked: Your killing me..

James K0UA

/ a welding question #8  
What is he going to do about that other "crack":laughing::laughing: I cannot believe you guys are answering this as though it were a legitimate welding question..:shocked::shocked: Your killing me..

James K0UA

:laughing: James, I answered because someone may actually have to deal with it and may read this later, still a legitimate question (outside of the perimeters):D Also he only asked about the "one crack", merely commented on the other.:laughing:

/ a welding question #9  
Pull all your joint cash today...Could buy some new Welding Equipment and a New Tractor. Dump the Ho. :thumbsup:

/ a welding question #10  

"piece of 1-1/2" x 1x4"

Seems like quite a very short piece and MAY
be part of the original problem. I'm just sayin'
Find the end of the crack, preferably unoccupied,
drill it with your tool(s), weld the new hole, then proceed to
probe the original crack and search for any connections. LOL

regards,
rbcsaver