A White Christmas Came Early

/ A White Christmas Came Early #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
This could very well be the closest we'll come to a White Christmas in this area. This was around 8:45 a.m. this morning, then it changed from snow to rain, and now less than 2 hours later it's nearly all gone.

Attachments

• December 2, 2009 007.JPG
    December 2, 2009 007.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 152
   / A White Christmas Came Early #2  
It looks nice, Bird! It's nice to know that here in Nova Scotia we're having "Texas weather" in December! Our ground is white here too, about the same amount as you got, but tomorrow is supposed to be a 1-day warmup to make it all melt. A green Christmas would be fine with me! :D

/ A White Christmas Came Early #3  
What? No snowman? I don't mean the one on the stick in the flowerbed. I guess that's how you tell it's Texas. We have corndogs on a stick, sausage on a stick, and a snowman on a stick.:rolleyes:;)

/ A White Christmas Came Early #4  
Dang,you might be tie w/us for snowfall this year Bird...strange weather indeed.

/ A White Christmas Came Early #5  
Dang,you might be tie w/us for snowfall this year Bird...strange weather indeed.

Ain't it the truth Thomas. We had just enough to make everything white for a couple hours twice now, that's it. Maybe it will be one of those non-winter years. The last one here was 2005-2006.
Dave.

/ A White Christmas Came Early #6  
Unfortunatly, the snow didn't make it another hundred miles East. The kids are very hopeful that we'll get snow, but since it didn't happen today, there's a 20 percent chance of snow for friday.

Nice picture. Hard to believe that's Texas.

Eddie

/ A White Christmas Came Early #7  
Looks great and you even had the lights set up and on already.

Just watching the weather as I type, "rain and mild" no chance of using my new snow plow anytime soon.

/ A White Christmas Came Early
Looks great and you even had the lights set up and on already.

My wife likes lots of decorations.:rolleyes: This year I got away with putting up just what you see Saturday after Thanksgiving.:D Our youngest daughter came over and she and my wife put up the tree and lots of other indoor stuff. And since the change in the weather, I guess it's a good thing I did the outside stuff when I did.

/ A White Christmas Came Early #9  
We ended up with about 1 1/2", most of it was gone by 3pm. Sure was some hugh flakes or clumps coming down, I guess since it was a wet snow. I sure enjoyed the moisture on the place, but the wife didn't like driving her little sports car so maybe that gives me a little more ummp pushing the "we need a jeep" idea..

/ A White Christmas Came Early #10  
I had a Dr. appt. in Bridgeport yesterday afternoon, so I drove down through Decatur to stop at Wally World on the way. As I was leaving Decatur, going west on Hwy 380, I noticed the snow was still very deep on the sides of the road. One house had a large side yard and four really big snowmen. The strangest part was that you could not see where they rolled up the snow for the snowmen. It had snowed so much there that the ground was still covered about 4" deep. As I went further west, the snow thinned out to the point that I saw none. As with rainfall, some places got a huge amount of snow and others just got a dusting.