Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment #1  

rdl

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
During my days on the road as a sales rep I went to at least 20 farm shows in different Provinces and States, some were much better than others. The SIMA shows are very focused and informative, thanks to their available seminars and the smaller shows in Maine and NY always had something new, plus much better food available.

Of all the shows I attended, Canada's Outdoor Farm show in Woodstock Ontario was absolutely the most worthwhile. It's not only huge in scope but the whole atmosphere felt less crammed and commercialized. Vendors seemed more happy and less rushed, compared to the indoor shows that had them loading and unloading the night before. Parking was manageable and the product was always relevant. This year it's being held on Sept 11 to the 13th. Although it's called a farm show I saw more snow removal equipment there than many specialized heavy equipment shows. I know most contractors in Ontario already know about the show but for some of our friends south of the border, it might be worth the trip. Consider staying in London, Ontario as hotel rooms get pretty booked close to the show. It's only about 45 minutes away. Cheers

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment #2  
In my younger days I use to go with my dairy relatives to a show in Syracuse N.Y. i believe it was called Empire Days? It was all about any and all equipment related to farms, tractors, mowers, snow removal attachments. Wonder if it still exists? Oh forgot the great food venders they had there, yummy.
DevilDog

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment
In my younger days I use to go with my dairy relatives to a show in Syracuse N.Y. i believe it was called Empire Days? It was all about any and all equipment related to farms, tractors, mowers, snow removal attachments. Wonder if it still exists? Oh forgot the great food venders they had there, yummy.
DevilDog

I know there is a chain of tractor dealerships in that area called Empire Tractors, nice people to deal with. I wonder if they organized the shows in the past ? Degelman Industries sometimes hosts small equipment shows with their dealer network.

Overall, I like the New York farm shows, but some were in late February and the snow could be an issue. I miss visiting Macfadden & Sons in Sharon Springs. Some of the most genuine and stand up people I ever met.

Your food vendors definitely win in the U.S.

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment #4  
I know there is a chain of tractor dealerships in that area called Empire Tractors, nice people to deal with. I wonder if they organized the shows in the past ? Degelman Industries sometimes hosts small equipment shows with their dealer network.

Overall, I like the New York farm shows, but some were in late February and the snow could be an issue. I miss visiting Macfadden & Sons in Sharon Springs. Some of the most genuine and stand up people I ever met.

Your food vendors definitely win in the U.S.

Empire Tractor is a farm equip. dealership with no relation to EMPIRE FARM DAYS(EMP). EMP was the out growth of the old New York Potato Growers Assoc.
You missed this years show, it is always held the Tuesday,wednesday,thursday of the first full week in August. They a complete farm show with every kind and brand of equipment you can think of including lots of snow blowers.
There is also the NY farm Equipment show held in Janruary at the NYS Fairground in Syracuse.
Hope this helps.

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment #5  
In Australia these shows are known as "Field Days" with their own particular name; Tassie's one is AGFEST and runs for three days. It's HUGE!

All colours of tractors, field equipment, implements, motorbikes/ATVs/SbS, tools, clothing, fencing, and any related industries. Gadgets galore!

The food vendors are a particular delight.

/ A worthwhile show for snow removal and farming equipment
Empire Tractor is a farm equip. dealership with no relation to EMPIRE FARM DAYS(EMP). EMP was the out growth of the old New York Potato Growers Assoc.
You missed this years show, it is always held the Tuesday,wednesday,thursday of the first full week in August. They a complete farm show with every kind and brand of equipment you can think of including lots of snow blowers.
There is also the NY farm Equipment show held in Janruary at the NYS Fairground in Syracuse.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Yes, I went to the Syracuse show in January once and got caught in a snow storm heading back home. I remember seeing both Normand and MK Martin snowblowers at the show, although I don't recall if they were corporate booths or brought there with one of the local dealers.