A year in review with my MT352HC

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #1  

swreeder

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT3 52HC
It is now a year into owning my LS tractor. I purchased it new in Feb of 21 along with a LS land plane, a loader with a bucket and teeth, front remotes and a stone grapple bucket. I've owned several tractors (of various brands colors) throughout my life, but this is the first time purchasing a new tractor and sizing it at or above my needs.

To date I have 125 hours on the machine. I have used the following implements throughout the year, bauma stump grinder, loader bucket, grapple, land plane, box blade, stone rake, brush hog, flail mower and my tool rack caddy system. The tractor has lived up to all my expectations and more, it has made many of my chores around the ranch much more pleasurable and safer. Having a tractor of right size has allowed me to get things done quicker and not risking pushing the machine beyond its limits.

In the years time, I have had two problems with the tractor. The first one was self inflicted. I had a log fall off the grapple and I ran it over, it jammed up under the tractor and bent the hydraulic return line causing it to disconnect from the rubber hose. At 25 hours I dumped all 12 gallons of hydro oil onto the ground. It was an easy, but costly fix for me to get it back up and running. Second issue I had was with a faulty cam shaft sensor. The sensor cracked due to the fuel line rubbing against it. This caused intermittent issues. My dealer was great in helping to fix this, they took the tractor in and came to my house two times, they finally figured it out and got a replacement part.

Longevity and long term outlook on the tractor TBD, but I guess that can be said for any new piece of equipment. As a side note my last tractor was a Yanmar, I put 300 hours on it in 4 years, so I am definitely using the new tractor more than my previous one.

1644442608110.png

1644442652275.png

1644442686635.png

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #2  
Nice tractor!

Hopefully, your experience will be like mine. R3039H purchased in July of 2013, nearing 600 hours now. Only one minor issue quickly taken care of by my dealer under warranty. It's been solid overall!

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #3  
Nice looking tractor. Thanks for the update

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #4  
Nice looking tractor thanks for the update. Mine has been great for over 150 hours so far.

/ A year in review with my MT352HC
One other item worth sharing is I've been asked by many why the Blue LS tractor? For me, #1 factor was dealer service and location. The dealer I bought from has been selling and servicing LS for 10 years and is the closest dealer of any brand to where I live. Number 2 for me was the features/value that LS has compared to others.

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #6  
Great to hear - I love mine same tractor with shuttle shift. Its been awesome for us as well with no problems. Thanks for the tip on the fuel line and the cam shaft sensor.

Where is that sensor located?? Got any pics?? TIA

I've been super happy with my LS MT352C. It sure gets around in the mud and deep snow no problems. Get things done....

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #7  
Great to hear - I love mine same tractor with shuttle shift. Its been awesome for us as well with no problems. Thanks for the tip on the fuel line and the cam shaft sensor.

I've been super happy with my LS MT352C. It sure gets around in the mud and deep snow no problems. Get things done....
What kind of tires do you have? Everyone complains about r4s in mud and snow, But my r4s have done well in those conditions.

/ A year in review with my MT352HC

Here is a pic with some labels to help. The Cam sensor sits below and to the right of the fuel filter. On mine the fuel line was run behind the sensor and cracked where the plug / sensor join

Attachments

• 1644526391147.png
    1644526391147.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
   / A year in review with my MT352HC #9  
Nice to hear from LS owners. I appreciate the post. Sounds like it is working well for you. I ordered a MT347H end of December. I hope it shows up by end of March. I have never owned a tractor, so I am more than anxious.

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #10  
Congratulations, SW Reeder. That is a FINE looking machine! I got a new MT357 shuttle cab last year. I haven't had it a tear, yet, and only have 100 hrs on it, but it's been great.
I relocated the orange reflective triangle (removing the original mounting bracket), because it kept getting bumped when I raised the discs on the 3-point. I also mounted a toolbox after much internal debate on where to put it. I'll post pics f u r nterested.