A year in review with my MT352HC

/ A year in review with my MT352HC
Congratulations, SW Reeder. That is a FINE looking machine! I got a new MT357 shuttle cab last year. I haven't had it a tear, yet, and only have 100 hrs on it, but it's been great.
I relocated the orange reflective triangle (removing the original mounting bracket), because it kept getting bumped when I raised the discs on the 3-point. I also mounted a toolbox after much internal debate on where to put it. I'll post pics f u r nterested.
Post up the toolbox addition. Its something I need a better solution for on my tractor.

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #12  
SWReeder... Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. This is my first effort to load pics and explain what I've done. I guess I'll start by saying for you to look @ the rear of the loader boom on the right side. There's an existing 5/8" hole, which is just about level w/a grease zerk and it's protective metal "stub out." I used that hole to mount a fairly heavy duty piece of angle iron and an ammo can. One end of the angle iron is held on w/a 2' X 5/8" bolt and a wide/large flat washer. The ammo can has a 5/8" hole drilled in the side, near the back/hinged end of the can. The bolt protrudes through that hole w/a washer on the inside and another on the outside to firmly hold the can, but the one on the outside also serves as a spacer to help hold the can further away from the boom. The other end of the angle iron just rests on that grease zerk "stub out." As the bolt is only 2" long, it does not interfere w/the loader movement. The grease zerk that's supporting the angle iron is very accessible for greasing. Because the bolt & washer are so substantial, everything is held very firmly in place. I pulled the forward end of the ammo can out away from the loader a bit to bend it, and that plus the "spa
IMG_4333.jpg
IMG_4334 (2).jpg
IMG_4335 (2).jpg
IMG_4328 (2).jpg
IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg
cer washer" prevent the ammo can lid from hitting the grease zerk that's just above the ammo can. Now i'll try to add the pics.
IMG_4332 (3).jpg

I thought I would bounce this thread to the top. Now past the two year mark 230+ hours and still loving my LS. A few minor issues, nothing I couldn’t fix myself or that the dealer couldn’t under warranty. Much of what I would suspect.

Seems all the new posts lately are with problems, but think there are many of us out here that are just happy with working tractors.

Attached pic after a long weekend of stacking and burning downed limbs. It will be years before I’m caught up from this years massive ice storm here in Texas.

Attachments

• 4020DCC1-586D-4826-B9FC-5A6D0E323CBB.jpeg
    4020DCC1-586D-4826-B9FC-5A6D0E323CBB.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
   / A year in review with my MT352HC #14  
Thank you for the update, it's great to see she is still going strong.

How well does it handle that size of flail? Do you think it could run the next size larger?
I've been thinking about getting one. Thanks Brian
Doesn’t break a sweat with that size of flail. My six foot brush hog puts more load on the pto than the flail. I’d check the flail mfg info for the pto required for next size up to see if it could handle it

Thought I would post up another round of input now that I am hitting year three this week with my tractor. Hard to believe I have had it for three years now. Over the weekend I passed over the 300 hour mark and will be doing the required service this weekend.

It continues to be a workhorse for us here on our property. This past year has been trouble free with no issues.

Since purchase I have brush hogged, land plained, box bladed, flail mowed, moved mounds of dirt, stump grinding, rock raking and brush clearing along with many other misc tasks.

The only negative I have to date is that my dealer went out of business last year due to family illness, but short of that this continues to be a good machine for what I need.

Attachments

• IMG_9898_Original.jpeg
    IMG_9898_Original.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9823.jpeg
    IMG_9823.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9808.jpeg
    IMG_9808.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9806.jpeg
    IMG_9806.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 40
   / A year in review with my MT352HC #18  
I am 3 years into owning a LS XR3140H. The LS has been nothing but a reliable work horse from deep sub-soiling, cannon spraying, planting trees to light harrowing.

I definitely use the LS tractor more. From going from doing everything with the just as dependable!e 27 hp Deere 790 with no cab, to the cabbed 40 hp LS tractor work just gets done faster, not being out in the weather helps the operator go longer too.

Just did the 500 hour service on the LS. Almost caught me off-guard at 500 already...

/ A year in review with my MT352HC #19  
The only negative I have to date is that my dealer went out of business last year due to family illness, but short of that this continues to be a good machine for what I need.
I feel your pain! The guys at RCO were nice. But the east Tx dealership just closed up with no warning.
Not too happy about that. Glad your machine has been trouble free. Really do like the area where
you're living.