AARGH!-Thieves!

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #11  
That happened to me way back when......:(
The "system" didn't really help me either....:mad:
I figured if I ever caught someone ripping me off again, I would just take care of it my self....:smiley_aafz:

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #12  
Blue Planet said:
Fresno, CA area. Unfortunately, the San Joaquin Valley is both prime ag country and also prime crime country.

What a shame, im in Ny but I have friends in fresno, I go out there once a year. Beautiful area, I love it there. Crime is everywhere, least I could do is tell my friends to keep an eye out tho.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #13  
Tough go. Hopefully insurance will cover most of your loss. Monitor Craigslist.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #14  
They took the BCS?? They are not exactly common so I can't imagine that they are going to resell it. Check every day on eBay and Craigslist for that listing just in case.

I'd rather lose my truck than the BCS:laughing:

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #15  
Sadly, tough economic times means more crime. Even living in the "country" means we have to do some things we don't like to. (I don't even know where the key to my front door is, we haven't locked it in ten years) sounds like I'll have to not only start locking the house but also the barn and garage.

On another note, I work from home, and I carry concealed even at home. Any home invaders that think my house is empty because it's the middle of the day are in for a RUDE awakening.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #16  
Dogs are man's best friend. I don't think you could get within a 1/4 mile of my house without them knowing.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #18  
Years ago my truck was broken into and tools were stolen. Only thing that still scares me - my SS number was on all the tools.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #19  
Same things happened to me. They actually chopped a hole in a metal building. Took the keys to my delivery box van, 18 footer. Loaded up with every tool I owned and then some, took the truck, plowed down my security gate and made off with the whole shootin match.

Only bright side, my wife id a receipt horder. She has receipts that go back 20 years. Sure enough we needed every one of them Insurance man said show me a receipt and we'll replace for face value. He was not a happy man when I was able to show I purchased a screw driver at Sears 25 years ago......and every ladder, wrench, hammer, socket set, compressor, saw, drill etc. since then.

And when I say he wasn't happy I mean he was stunned that we has all the paperwork to back up everything.

He coughed it up to the tune of 16K, plus they found the truck a few miles down the road a week later just as I was getting ready to buy a new one.

/ AARGH!-Thieves! #20  
That really sucks. I had a tractor stolen years ago, along with a nearly new Befco tiller that was on the 3-point at the time, never saw either one again.

The authorities were less than helpful. The only thing I got out of them was I needed a copy of the theft report for my insurance company, and the Sheriff's office charged me for a copy! Fortunately my insurance did cover the loss.

Good luck to you.