About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #41  
Good news Jim!

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #42  
Jim, Great news!!!

I just had a PET scan Tuesday, nothing to it. It's not noisy like a MRI - no ear plugs needed. The only anxious part was when they injected a med to dilate the blood vessels to stress the heart, but they will skip that part on you. The PET scanner seems to be a really important diagnostic tool for both heart disease and cancer.
They also use PET scans to check for amyloid plaque build up in the brain (Alzheimer research) . Had 2 this year one with "conventional" dye and the other was with a new trial dye.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
My PET scan is scheduled for this next Thursday afternoon at the Wise Regional Medical Center in Decatur, TX. This little country town has grown tremendously in the last 10 years and our local hospital does all kinds of heart surgery specialties and cancer treatments. Growth has led to a big hospital, and having the great hospital has led to more growth. It's what spreadsheets call a circular reference, but I call a win-win for Wise County.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #44  
Glad to hear the good news, jinman! Your 6 months of no heavy lifting will be complete, just in time for next year's gardening to begin! :thumbsup:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #45  
Jim,
Sorry I missed this thread. Happy to here of the great test results. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

David

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #47  
The PET scanner seems to be a really important diagnostic tool for both heart disease and cancer.
Unfortunately, the only supplier for the radioactives for the PET scanner is a Canadian nuclear reactor. The Anti-Nuke people in the U.S. have totally destroyed that capability for us.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #48  
...And Canada produces 2.5 million patient doses a year, wow. The machine itself does not emit radiation. I received a small dose (through IV) with a half life of 75 seconds.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #49  
Unfortunately, the only supplier for the radioactives for the PET scanner is a Canadian nuclear reactor. The Anti-Nuke people in the U.S. have totally destroyed that capability for us.
Interesting. The normal dye for PET scans tracking the amyloid plaque are also radioactive but are prepared on-site.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #50  
Good news Jim! Glad to hear it.

James K0UA