About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #151  
Jim,
Good luck with the chemo. I am a 23 yr testicular cancer survivor and still remember the chemo. Hair, beards etc come back. As tough as it is you will make it through... Stay away from acidic foods including pizza sauce, oj etc. Plain tea and chicken soup were a couple of things that got me through. If you have questions PM me, we can talk on the phone, whatever you need.

Jim

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
I switch to the BRAT diet when I'm having digestive troubles..... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Now's also a good time to sample the many wonderful flavors of jello!

Oh DARN! I was lickin' my lips for some grilled bratwurst :cool:. . . then I read the rest of the sentence.:( I told my oncologist this morning that I had been sick this week. He told me it is highly unlikely for me to be sick with these first chemo treatments and especially in the 3rd week following a treatment. He suggested that I had a stomach virus or maybe food poisoning. I never told him about the VFD bbq, but since the neighbor had similar symptoms, I've decided just to call it food poisoning. It seems to be gone now. I did manage to lose 5 lb since my last treatment.:thumbsup:

Jim (EHR): Thanks for the kind offer. Right now, my treatments are not too oppressive. I can easily go as a Jack-o-lantern tonight on Halloween. All I have to do is paint my head orange.:laughing: BTW: God bless you for your great success and being a survivor. There are a lot of us out there, and we are far better as a group than in the fight alone. If I have some questions on specifics, I will PM you and seek your advice.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #153  
Well, that's all you needed was some bad food. I was thinking germs can come to you in food as well as from people. Hope you are settled down tonight.

Plain cooked rice and natural culture yogurt are good remedies for an upset digestive tract. Plus in extreme cases, you may actually retain some nutrients.

Hang in there Jim.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #154  
Well, that's all you needed was some bad food. I was thinking germs can come to you in food as well as from people. Hope you are settled down tonight.

Plain cooked rice and natural culture yogurt are good remedies for an upset digestive tract. Plus in extreme cases, you may actually retain some nutrients.

Hang in there Jim.

I always blame the tater salad if BBQ makes me ill.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #155  
I always blame the tater salad if BBQ makes me ill.

Yep, anything with dairy, eggs or mayo are good candidates. It's never the pie. Well, a Boston Creme pie did try to kill me years ago. :laughing:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #156  
My food poisoning came from steak. One of the worst weeks of my life. My fever went so high I hallucinated and thought I was being attacked by a tarantula. I can still see that tarantula coming after me. Do you think that's why I don't like steak?

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
M larro, I don't know it that's the reason you don't like steak, but it sounds like the perfect reason to not like tarantulas.:eek:

As a kid, I can remember getting very high temperatures and watching bugs race across my ceiling in zig-zag patterns. In my hallucination, the ceiling was covered in sand and I could see the little bugs' footprint trails. I asked my mother if there were bugs there and she said no, of course. Scary stuff. Some of the temperatures we ran as kids would kill us today. I am a polio survivor also from age 3. I don't remember much as a young child, but I remember the details of being sick with a huge fever, the children's hospital ward and the little boy in the crib/bed next to mine.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #158  
Ahh, the old Volunteer Fire Department Food Poisoning Diet. Guaranteed to lose 5 pounds the first day! :laughing:

I gotta say you have a great attitude! Keep it up. :D

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #159  
Ahh, the old Volunteer Fire Department Food Poisoning Diet. Guaranteed to lose 5 pounds the first day! :laughing:

I gotta say you have a great attitude! Keep it up. :D

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #160  
M larro, I don't know it that's the reason you don't like steak, but it sounds like the perfect reason to not like tarantulas.:eek:

As a kid, I can remember getting very high temperatures and watching bugs race across my ceiling in zig-zag patterns. In my hallucination, the ceiling was covered in sand and I could see the little bugs' footprint trails. I asked my mother if there were bugs there and she said no, of course. Scary stuff. Some of the temperatures we ran as kids would kill us today. I am a polio survivor also from age 3. I don't remember much as a young child, but I remember the details of being sick with a huge fever, the children's hospital ward and the little boy in the crib/bed next to mine.

Jim, it was scary stuff. I can still remember that tarantula crawling up from the foot of the bed after me and screaming for dear life.

As a child I was in a hospital ward and I remember the little boy a few beds down from me that was badly burned. Funny the things that stand out.

You had polio at a young age. The doctors thought my brother had polio when he was about ten. We don't hear much about polio anymore and I'm glad of that.

Margie