Mowing ? about JD 755 mower deck

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #1  

chico922

Tractor
John deere 755
I would like to buy a mower deck with a bagger for my JD 755. If anyone could give me the model number for the deck so i can shop for one it would be helpful. My local john deere delaer wil not give me a stright answer without selling me something first.
chico922@excite.com

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #2  
Chico922,

Keep an eye on ebay (try searching for John Deere 755) and you might just see one of those pop up. I've seen all kinds of stuff for the 755, 855, and 955. I check it regularly just in case someone wants to "give away" a backhoe. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #3  
The model number on my 1987 JD 755 60" MMM is MO2732, but the way JD changes things all the time this number may not be good for earlier or later years. About half of the time I go to my JD dealer with a part number from one of parts catalogs I bought with the tractor, I find the number is no longer valid. It has been changed to something else. I am not sure about a bagger. I think JD made one that mounts on the 3PH as well as a hydraulic dumping hopper.

Good Luck on your search.

Jeff Rowe

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #4  
The SN label on my 1989 755 60" mid mount mower also says M02732. By the way does anyone have a manual on this MMM . When I switch in the MMM it blows a good bit of smoke before the mower get up to speed. I've pulled it off and hit all the zerks with greese and cleaned everything up. All the spindle bearings seem free. Should I swap out the dope in the gearbox, and if so with what? Thanks in advance.

Reg in SC

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #5  
"When I switch in the MMM it blows a good bit of smoke before the mower get up to speed"

The only time I've seen that was when my RFM belt slipped off the pulley. The belt was dragging and abrading between the pulley and mower deck. You might want to see if your belt is a bit slack or you've a dragging pulley.

BTW, does it smell like burning rubber?

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #6  
RegWaters,

The smoke may be a slipping belt. The initial startup places a higher load on the belt than when running. There is a tensioning spring located on the right side. In the attached photo it is just below the center spindle. The spring could be broken or missing. Also check the tensioning pulley pivot point for free movement. If this has frozen up due to lack of lubrication it may not allow proper tensioning of the belt. Finaly, check the condition of the belt to make sure it has not glazed over. You may need to replace it.

I have both the Operators Manual (publication # OM-M91324 Issue E6) and the Parts Catalog (publication PC-2114)

This past spring I tore my deck down to rebuild it. After 15 years of sitting in the weather (stored under cover in the winter), the deck was badly rusted. Spindles, gear box, lift arms, etc. were fine. I had the deck sand blasted and repainted starting with an epoxy primer. The deck was still solid despite the rust.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions on this deck.

Jeff

Attachments

• 280168-Mower Deck Spring.jpg
    280168-Mower Deck Spring.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,260
   / ? about JD 755 mower deck #7  
RegWaters,

Here's a photo of the deck before sand blasting. I'll send another post with an after photo.

Jeff

Attachments

• 280172-Mower Deck Before.jpg
    280172-Mower Deck Before.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 954
   / ? about JD 755 mower deck #8  
This is the what the deck looked like after a little cleanup.

Jeff

Attachments

• 280174-Mower Deck After.jpg
    280174-Mower Deck After.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,828
   / ? about JD 755 mower deck #9  
So...what's that in the background?? An aircraft?

/ ? about JD 755 mower deck #10  
Roy,

Yes, it is a 2 place amphibian aircraft (Searey) I am in the process of building.

Jeff