Toplink ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane #1  

Rich_Z

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T474HC
Ironcraft 3606_RZ_03.jpg
Ironcraft 3606_stock pic_01.jpg
A little while back I purchased an IronCraft 72" Land plane (3606) from my local dealer. I had other issues at hand, so it just sat underneath a tarp near my carport. So the other day I had the flail mower off of the tractor anyway, so I figured I would go ahead and hook up the land plane and try my hand with it. But I hit a stumbling block. The place where the top link should hook up just had a bolt there with what looked like a category 2 top link bushing/spacer. Hope that is the correct terminology. There was no additional hole to put the category 1 link pin. I asked my dealer about this, and he said that is the way that new implements seem to be coming in lately. But darn, I spent an hour or two browsing all over the internet looking for pics and videos, and I have yet to see one like that. The dealer says I can just remove the bolt and replace it with a Cat 1 pin (which I do have) and it will be good to go. I have attached pics of both what I have, and what I have seen in numerous examples online.
So is he right? Is this acceptable? I guess I am afraid of too much play that will eventually wear out that hole the pin is located in.

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane #2  
The two diagonal bars that make for the A frame of the top link are upside down, that's why you're having issues.

Pull them out, flip those around and you then got the setup like the bottom picture. With an hole for the bar that goes to the back and a hole for the actual top link.

Either the dealer didn't quite understand what you were trying to say or he is full of it... But then again, a dealer that delivers an implement setup like that, leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
   / ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane
LOL!!!! I had to run outside and take a look, and damn if you aren't correct! THANK YOU!

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane #4  
Wow. May want to educate them so the next guy gets a properly assembled implement

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane #5  
LOL!!!! I had to run outside and take a look, and damn if you aren't correct! THANK YOU!
Easy fix! Just one of those things that shouldn't happen in the first place.

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane
Yeah... That's my plan for tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Trust no one, I guess.

/ ? about the toplink on a IronCraft land plane #7  
You can be glad that it's not a complicated piece of equipment. The dealers hired help needs another joint.