Buying Advice About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #1  

Gto5288

Tractor
Looking to buy
First post here, but have been browsing the boards here for quite some time.
I looked at all the major brands and the Kioti just felt the best for me and the features and quality match or beat the others dollar for dollar.
We have recently moved to a property with 9 acres (2 acre pasture, 7 acres wooded). The property has been neglected for 6 or 7 years so I'll be using the tractor to reclaim/groom the pasture, clean up the wooded areas, make trails, fire wood collection, and maintain the 1/4 mile gravel drive.
With that said, I have a quote for the following:
CK2610hst
KL4010 loader w/66" bucket
Loaded rear tires
5' box blade
54" root rake grapple
3rd function
5' standard duty rotary cutter
$20,000 out the door cash price

I think it's an awesome price for the whole package, what do you guys say?

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum GTO. Glad that you fincally joined.

Since you don't list your location in your profile, I can't recommend anything based on type of soile, etc.

Sounds like you got a good idea of which tractor for general use.

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #3  
Welcome to the show. Sounds like a good deal to me, especialLY WITH A THIRD FUNCTOIN AND GRAPPLE

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #4  
I bought a 3510se last summer, which is basically the same tractor, just more horses (and dpf). The one thing I'll warn you about, if it's the same rotary cutter I got, it's heavy as ****...and it's long. Mine is the RC2060. It's over 600lbs, and it's close to 10 feet long. Driving up hill, with the cutter raised, is kinda sketchy...it just makes the front end very light. If I could do it over, I'd probably have gotten a smaller, lighter cutter elsewhere. That said, it's actually a very nice cutter...just maybe not the best fit for this size tractor.

Other than that, I'd say your price is pretty good. I shopped around for 6 months, and went with Kioti. Overall, I'm very happy with it thus far. (90hrs on the meter).

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst
NYCheese,
Thanks for the info on the RC size/weight! I will not be mowing any heavy brush/saplings (that's what a chainsaw and the loader bucket and grapple are for!)
I'll just be mowing the pasture with weeds and briars which I hope to eliminate fairly quickly.
So I'll confirm with the dealer the exact RC model he used for the quote to make sure it's manageable.

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #6  
Did you pull the trigger? If so , congrats! The 2610 is a nice tractor for sure!

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #7  
You buying from Madison, Reedy Creek or Vale, NC or none of these? That's a great price.

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst
LSmt125,
Yes I decided to pull the trigger yesterday, dealer is prepping everything now, they had to order the 3rd function kit and the grapple, fill tires, etc.. before its ready for pickup. I hope to be able to pick it up next week!

Grateful11,
I'm actually buying out of state in SC, the sales rep is a friend of a family member so I think he is doing his best to treat me right on the whole package deal. Also SC is not required to collect sales tax so I'm saving quite a bit there as well!

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #9  
You know it's a rule....got to have pics....:D

/ About to bite the bullet on a CK2610hst #10  
LSmt125,
Yes I decided to pull the trigger yesterday, dealer is prepping everything now, they had to order the 3rd function kit and the grapple, fill tires, etc.. before its ready for pickup. I hope to be able to pick it up next week!

Grateful11,
I'm actually buying out of state in SC, the sales rep is a friend of a family member so I think he is doing his best to treat me right on the whole package deal. Also SC is not required to collect sales tax so I'm saving quite a bit there as well!

Our son bought a CK2610HST last year but has since sold it. If I were you I'd get the linked pedals and rubber deck mat added to the package. That really is a good price.