About to buy 3215

/ About to buy 3215 #1  

Waddell

Ok I have been looking at tractors for about three months now of all colors and HP range. I tried out a 3215 shuttle saturday and liked it. The dealer priced it for $16180 for tractor and fel and add on $1696 for a 72 inch finish mower (Mower is red maybe called First Choice??) So price would be $17895 What does everyone think about the tractor and mower?? Is this a fair price? I will be a first time tractor buyer. The dealer is going to call me at some point today when he gets the paperwork ready and the tractor serviced up and checked, but it will be another day or so before I am able to pick up the tractor. I am buying this tractor in Somerset Ky. Any thoughts welcome...

Thanks

/ About to buy 3215 #2  
2 thumbs up on the price and a standing novation on the tractor:D

/ About to buy 3215 #3  
I'm pretty sure it is, but check on the finish mower to make sure its a rear discharge model....you won't have "windrows" in your yard if you get a rear discharge model. First Choice/Sicma are good finish mowers. Mahindra is a great bang for the buck tractor. Good luck! BobG in VA

/ About to buy 3215 #4  
I tried sitting on the Mahindra. The 3215 has some great hydraulic specs and would of chosen one at the 16500 the dealer was asking w/fel. Except for one thing. I felt I was sitting on top of the tractor instead of in the tractor. I was much more comfortable with the 3510. Unfortunately, that tractor was over 3 grand more and out of my range. The dealer offered to lower the seat on the 3215 and maybe acquire the feeling I wanted but wasn't sure how to do it.

/ About to buy 3215 #5  
You feel that way on the 3215, because of the low hood which allows for good loader view. I think that is a good thing.

/ About to buy 3215 #6  
I got to sit on my first Mahindras (2615 & 3215) the other day as my search for a new tractor continues. I really liked the feel and seating and felt the view of the loader was great, much better than other tractors I had been on. My 1st initial reaction was that this seat actually sat a little lower than those of the Kubotas (B3030/L2800) and the MF 1528/1529 that I also am testing out. Those felt to perch me up a bit higher. don't know if it's really the case, but it felt that way to me. I just wish I had a Mahindra dealer closer than 2.5 hrs away. I think it may be a bit of what LAWALLSTRACTOR mentioned in that the hood is sloped more that might give you that sitting higher feeling.

/ About to buy 3215 #7  
I think much has to do with coming from my old tractor. That one I definitely sat "in" the unit. (JD-750). The 3215 made me feel "perched". (Good desciption on your part) and completely turned me off to what I wanted to be a sure purchase. I got that "oneness" feeling with the 3510 but couldn't reach the extra 3 grand for the tractor. If that darn seat in the 3215 were lowered 2-3", I'd bet I'd feel familiar with it. I could then ask if 12.4 ags would fit out back but there is no sense if I cannot get by the seating. Darn, I thought I found my next tractor and the dealer is only 10 miles away.

/ About to buy 3215 #8  
Arrow, I agree with you on the perched feeling. You don't have that on the 2615, 3015. If you can find a decent, used, near new, still on the lot, whatever; sit in one. The newer 15 series models have been redesigned to accomodate folks with longer legs. I believe they also have flat decks. In order to accomplish that, I think they created a perch with the seat arrangement.

/ About to buy 3215 #9  
Thank you very much AB. I will look into those recommendations. Those newer 15 series make me feel like I'm sitting on a bar stool that's placed on a stump. Just give me the stump.