About to buy- DK6010SE

/ About to buy- DK6010SE #1  

shucksters

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620 TLB with Cab, Kioti DK6010SE, Kubota BX2370 + FEL/60"MMM Kawasaki Mule ProFXT EPS LE
Hi folks- working on my bucket list this year. I have a year old RX6620 PSC with backhoe that I love. To make my life easier as far as implements are concerned, I want (not need) a ROPS tractor that will work with my years-acquired many implements and Backhoe. Also, I want to be able to use it with my arena tool.

I am about to buy the following:

DK6010SE HST
Linked Pedals for HST
Backhoe subframe - my KB 2485 will work on either tractor
2 rear remotes- 1 standard - 1 Detent
3rd function valve (Kioti) . My EA Wicked will work with both too
Front and rear work lights
Rubber Mat
Rear view Mirrors
Tool Box
Telescoping rear links
Hydraulic Top Link
72" Bucket with SSQA FEL . Bolt on cutting edge
Tractor as configured- $30,769
6' Woods Premium HD Rear Discharge Finish Mower- $3,246
Trading a 2014 Kubota BX2370 -$9500
Total $24,515

He's also including all filters and fluids for the first service for oil/transmission/differential/fuel system

Pretty happy with the deal- anything I'm missing or thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:
   / About to buy- DK6010SE #2  
The 6' mower may not be wide enough to cut your tire width but other than that looks like you have it all covered.
I did the 3 rear remote's on my NX and I'm tickled with it not sure if the same setup works on the DK series
More Pack!! Less Kubota!!!!

/ About to buy- DK6010SE
The 6' mower may not be wide enough to cut your tire width but other than that looks like you have it all covered.
I did the 3 rear remote's on my NX and I'm tickled with it not sure if the same setup works on the DK series
More Pack!! Less Kubota!!!!

You know I was thinking the same thing about the mower so I changed it up a little. I decided to keep the Kubota BX (it's paid off), dropped the finish mower and I'm buying it without the trade. Funny thing- this is all about my sort of dream of not having to change implements too much LOL. Sort of a "life is short" purchase. I have 3 rear remotes on my 6620 and love them but, unfortunately, the DK will only take 2.... thanks for the reply....POWER TO THE PACK :)

/ About to buy- DK6010SE #4  
It sounds like a very good deal.

When I got my DK, I skipped the option for telescoping draft links and bought a Woods quick hitch instead. I think it actually cost less. Best change I've done with tractoring! The QH is so much easier. I understand you may have implements that aren't QH compatible, but just in case most or all of your impediments are compatible, consider that alternative. I have a single implement - a posthole digger - that isn't compatible with the quick hitch, but my other four are and it really speeds up switching.

/ About to buy- DK6010SE #5  
Hope you enjoy your tractor. Just an FYI I bought a used HD woods 7' RFM in really good conditon for about 3k (no paint chips, relatively new). It doesn't look like that now, but several years have passed. As NC419N said you will need the width.

/ About to buy- DK6010SE
It sounds like a very good deal.

When I got my DK, I skipped the option for telescoping draft links and bought a Woods quick hitch instead. I think it actually cost less. Best change I've done with tractoring! The QH is so much easier. I understand you may have implements that aren't QH compatible, but just in case most or all of your impediments are compatible, consider that alternative. I have a single implement - a posthole digger - that isn't compatible with the quick hitch, but my other four are and it really speeds up switching.

Yep- I went from my implements all (or mostly) fitting a Cat 1 quick hitch (which I still own) to the RX6620 with a Cat 2. I got rid of the quick hitch and added a hydraulic top link and just attach everything with the telescoping draft links. It will work the same way on the Cat 2 DK6010 plus I'll be changing them less often with 2 tractors running. It's pretty easy. Thanks for the input though. How long have you had your DK5010? Are you happy with it?

/ About to buy- DK6010SE
Makes sense...I'm keeping my Kubota BX with a belly mower instead of trading it. If I do buy an RFM, it will definitely be a 7 footer...thanks!

/ About to buy- DK6010SE #8  
How long have you had your DK5010? Are you happy with it?

I've had it just under 3 years. I am mostly happy with it. I have the hydraulic shuttle gear transmission - no HST was offered in 2017. The transmission is just OK, with the shuttle being very slow and a bit clunky, and 1st gear not slow enough for some tasks. Other than that it's fine. I previously had a 2010 DK40SE HST which was very nicely made, well-equipped machine, and the DKxx10 is more obviously a budget machine. HST would be really nice though. Not trying to scare you off, but if I did it again I would probably spend the extra $5k to get the NX model, at least considering the options I had in 2017. My DK5010 is certainly powerful enough and has no serious faults, it's just not the nicest machine I've used.

/ About to buy- DK6010SE
I've had it just under 3 years. I am mostly happy with it. I have the hydraulic shuttle gear transmission - no HST was offered in 2017. The transmission is just OK, with the shuttle being very slow and a bit clunky, and 1st gear not slow enough for some tasks. Other than that it's fine. I previously had a 2010 DK40SE HST which was very nicely made, well-equipped machine, and the DKxx10 is more obviously a budget machine. HST would be really nice though. Not trying to scare you off, but if I did it again I would probably spend the extra $5k to get the NX model, at least considering the options I had in 2017. My DK5010 is certainly powerful enough and has no serious faults, it's just not the nicest machine I've used.

Appreciate the response...couple of reasons I'm going with this...I drove it and liked it (the HST impressed me and I used to have a Kubota L4240 to compare it with). Also, I am pretty much adding everything I want to it. My RX6620 is my main machine so this is just to complement it so I think I'll be fine. I also heard (could be mis-information) that the NX line might be on the way out..not sure if that's true or not so definitely take that with a grain of salt. At any rate, the deal is done now and I'm just waiting on them to put it all together for me...will post pics and give a review as soon as I have it and have a chance to put it to work..