Buying Advice About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise?

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #21  
I have a 4' BB on my 1700 and don't think I would want the 5'. With the BB fully loaded it is about all the tractor can really handle without the wheels slipping.

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #22  
Bob,

Thanks for the advice. Pretty much decided on the 4' BB. I don't want to spend all of my time feathering the 3ph to keep from "digging in". It would not be used that much so I will keep my eyes open for a used one. Only thing is; you don't see too many used 4'ters for sale.

Fig

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #23  
Fig,
Sounds like the 4' is the way to go. Better to steer with the wheel that with the breaks going down the road. I need to get my tires filled too in order to get a better bite with the FEL. Don't want to break it though.....

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #24  
Hokie,

I could tell a huge difference with the rear tires filled while using the 5' scrape blade. Didn't spin the tires near as much. Didn't have to feather the 3ph until gravel got close to the top of the blade.

I think it was Ernie that said one gallon of antifreeze per tire. I purchased the adapter from TSC, the enviro safe antifreeze from AA, and took about 20 minutes per tire. Jacked up the rear end, took the valve stem out, and filled. After that just check air pressure (while still on jack/stands) and put the appropriate tire pressure in. I filled the tires to where the valve stem was at the 2 o'clock position (just above the center of axle). I couldn't tell you how much weight it added /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fig