About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #1  

MXD

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723e
Local forecast is calling for 24-36 inches and I’m seriously considering waiting for it to all fall before I go out and clean it up. It’s going to be a very light and fluffy snow. I definitely wouldn’t do it if it was wet. Am I going to regret that decision? Should I go out twice to be on the safe side?

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #2  
It's going to be real windy, so anything you blow away will drift right back. Maybe wait until it's half over and do a pass.

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #3  
I'd take a quick run to open stuff up every 8 or so inches. Safe than sorry.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #4  
If your in the area they are calling for blizzard conditions, save you time, and fuel until it's over.

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #5  
Drifting snow will negate any early clearing efforts.

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #6  
The only reason that I blow snow before a storm is over is if someone needs to get out. Luckily, no one usually needs to get out when we're getting that much. One of the reasons I use a blower instead of anything else is that I can wait till it's over rather than trying to keep up with it. This is especially true if it's blowing and drifting.

I don't know anything about the front blower, I have a rear blower that can easily handle 24-36 inches of any kind of snow. I would use it as a good test to see just what it can handle if you've never had to move that much at once before.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower
I’m on the north shore of MA so I’m in the bullseye area. The most I’ve used it on is maybe 10 inches? The snow is definitely blowing everywhere so I’d prefer to wait. Blowing snow in the middle of a storm with 40+ mph winds is the worst.

I just don’t want to get caught with too much. I think the blower is 20 inches tall and we are in the 24-36 window. I think I’ll roll the dice. Wish me luck. Either way, I’ll be filming it and post it here when I’m done.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #8  
Good luck. Especially if you don't have a cab. 😝

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #9  
I guess everyone is different but I want my tractor and attachments to last for many, many years, so I take it easy on them. I usually do lifts every 4-6" or so. I've done as much as 16" in one go and the tractor is more than capable in powder, but if the snow is wet then I would not want to go over 5-6" for the little bit of fuel and time it takes.

/ About To Test My 2360 Snow Blower #10  
Drifting snow will negate any early clearing efforts.
I've done commercial plowing with trucks for years. drifted snow is a LOT lighter than fallen snow.
I've been running a blade for over 40 years.
the little time spent earlier may seem to be a waste of time....its NOT.
especially when you are contracted for bare lots.