Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build
I had built a plywood unit many years ago which worked well. I lined the interior with thin steel sheeting, much smaller replaceable polycarbonate window that also had a layer of window screening in front of it to somewhat protect it, and a florescent light shinning through the top, again protected with polycarbonate (McMaster).

Ken, you did a really nice job.

Thanks Jack:thumbsup:

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build #12  
Depending on your airflow pattern, you may want to drop that flow (install gate valve in line). My cyclone will pull about 100 cfm (no load) and I had to turn it down to about 75% to keep from sucking too much media out of the cabinet. Yours should be better as you are pulling from up top, just have to play with it to get it right.

The other thing I had to play with was air inlet vs outlet locations to get a clear viewing. I found low on the inlet, high on the outlet with a baffle on both (much like yours) worked best.

Depending on your airflow pattern, you may want to drop that flow (install gate valve in line). My cyclone will pull about 100 cfm (no load) and I had to turn it down to about 75% to keep from sucking too much media out of the cabinet. Yours should be better as you are pulling from up top, just have to play with it to get it right.

The other thing I had to play with was air inlet vs outlet locations to get a clear viewing. I found low on the inlet, high on the outlet with a baffle on both (much like yours) worked best.

Time will tell...I can adjust the flow by opening other gates in the shop.

It Works!

I finally got the latches I was waiting for and installed them tonight. Loaded the media and started blasting-everything worked perfectly! I updated the album with 6 new pictures.

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build #16  
Now your air compressor is gonna get fully broken in.. I made a cabinet years ago that would hold 2 truck rims at once. Made the top in 3 interchangeable pieces so the gloves, viewing glass, and light could move. It was primitive compared to yours, nice job! (I'm still getting grit out of my hair..)

After quite a few questions of "How good does it work?", I taped my iPhone to the glass and took a video for all to see. I added it to the album.

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build #18  
After quite a few questions of "How good does it work?", I taped my iPhone to the glass and took a video for all to see. I added it to the album.

Very nice! Thanks for the video! :thumbsup:

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build #19  
Great build Kennyd and welcome Paul, we are prob. only about 40 to 50 miles apart. zman :thumbsup:

/ Abrasive Blasting Cabinet Build #20  
Hi Kenny,

:thumbsup:AWESOME Project - I love the detailed pics and the awesome video too.

All that really missing is the cup-holder:drink: (ha - ha)

The level of quality engineering you've put into this really shows well in the final product. Thanks for sharing this with everyone and making this look so easy..

~Joe
w/ an Awesome custom Myers plow set-up engineered & crafted by the best:thumbsup: