AC 615 backhoe???

/ AC 615 backhoe??? #1  

hillbilly469

Hello all, I just stumbled across this AC 615 backhoe with a 4cyl diesel engine model # 2200. The engine is locked up on it but it otherwise looks to be in pretty good condition overall, though it will need a few hydraulic hoses replaced in the near future I'm thinking. The oil pan is off and I can see that one rod cap is missing and the crank has been turned over against the dangling rod and locked there so I know the crank will need turned and that rod replaced at the least. The guy who has it said everything on the machine was working and he used it on his place a whole summer after he bought it, but then he loaned it to a friend and it went down while in their care. He was told it locked up from sitting and had no idea the pan or rod had been removed. He is asking $1200 for it as is and my main questions are; can I still get parts for this machine? will another engine type bolt in the place of the original 4cyl diesel? if so what will work? Any info on this machine would be greatly appreciated as I have no working knowledge of Allis Chalmers.