AC and DC in same trench?

/ AC and DC in same trench? #51  
Popular microinverter is Enphase 215. I think it was designed by Sandia Labs in Albuquerque.

/ AC and DC in same trench? #52  
Not the one I was thinking of Ladia, but I expect this market has moved along a bit since back when.

Thanks for mentioning that model. I had a quick look at it just now, and will look at it in more detail later.

I'd expect a killer design coming out of Sandia ! :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

/ AC and DC in same trench? #53  
Is there a big price difference between Chinese panels and ones made in other countries? With the price falling it's getting more and more tempting.

/ AC and DC in same trench? #54  
Is there a big price difference between Chinese panels and ones made in other countries? With the price falling it's getting more and more tempting.

Hyunday were 1.25/W and Canadian Solar (Chinese) were 0.9/W. Look for certification, if they are certified they are most likely to be what is promised. At least that what I was told. You might also save good money by buying B grade. Those are good panels with blemishes only.

We just ordered our system today:
96 ea Canadian Solar 250 W mono crystal
96 ea Enphase 215 inverters.
Enphase cable 96 connectors.
Enphase monitoring gateway
64 ea 14ft Ironridge mounting rails
clamps
miscellaneous mounting and grounding stuff

Total 24 kW DC for 1.66/W before rebate.

I think I will spend another 5000 for AC cable, supporting structure, sand, gravel, cement, AC disconnect, meter base, three outdoor breaker boxes, lightning arrestor, ditchwitch rental etc.
Estimated cost/W after rebate about 1.36/W

/ AC and DC in same trench? #56  
My neighbor is selling Solarworld 230w panels (haven't looked into model numbers) for $1 a watt. I believe they are US made panels. Sooner or later I'll look into it seriously. For now though I'm just reading all PV threads to get some background info.