Acc. light question

/ Acc. light question #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Does anyone know what the safe amp range, for my GC 2610, I should stay within for extra work lights I need to install? Just want to make sure I don't overload the alternator.

/ Acc. light question #2  
Hi Wacky
According to Massey Ferguson website, the 2600 series of tractors have a 26 amp alternator. Which should be enough to supply the demand of your work lights. You can use the link to find the current amperage of your lights that you are looking to buy. Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator
My only concern is how you intend to supply them with voltage. Most vehicles are built only to carry the existing lighting amperage/current. Unless your tractor has a accessory supply circuit, you really need to do the full setup to supply your lights, that includes a fused supply circuit, enclosed wiring looms secured to the tractor with at least zipties or stronger, a switch and grounds.
Billy

/ Acc. light question
Hi Wacky
According to Massey Ferguson website, the 2600 series of tractors have a 26 amp alternator. Which should be enough to supply the demand of your work lights. You can use the link to find the current amperage of your lights that you are looking to buy. Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator
My only concern is how you intend to supply them with voltage. Most vehicles are built only to carry the existing lighting amperage/current. Unless your tractor has a accessory supply circuit, you really need to do the full setup to supply your lights, that includes a fused supply circuit, enclosed wiring looms secured to the tractor with at least zipties or stronger, a switch and grounds.
Billy

Thanks Billy. I can't find any info on the amps of the alternator. Are you looking at a 2600hd? Mine is a little GC2610. I don't think that it has a 26amp alternator, but I could be wrong. I plan on using LED if I can find them cheap enough.

/ Acc. light question #4  
Thanks Billy. I can't find any info on the amps of the alternator. Are you looking at a 2600hd? Mine is a little GC2610. I don't think that it has a 26amp alternator, but I could be wrong. I plan on using LED if I can find them cheap enough.

Hey Wacky, look at page 85 in your MF Owners Manual, it says it's a 40 amp alternator. My MF Engine Service Manual, page 123 says it's also a 40 amp alternator. My MF Parts Catolog says the alternator part number is
3710471M91. Hope this help you, :confused2:. To me it sounds like a lot of alternator for a Little/BIG Tractor, :thumbsup:. KC

/ Acc. light question #5  
Hi Wacky if your planning on using leds, they use very little current you could probably light the entire tractor like a christmas tree with Leds and be fine.
Billy
sorry I overlooked the smaller tractor category while searching the Massey website. try this link http://agcocompare.agcocorp.com/pub...76c94a&a=9e52055d-bc36-4527-872e-43043a4df37d use the engine and performance tab to see specs.
MF Red is correct and thats even better for you with the 40 amp alternator.

/ Acc. light question
Hey Wacky, look at page 85 in your MF Owners Manual, it says it's a 40 amp alternator. My MF Engine Service Manual, page 123 says it's also a 40 amp alternator. My MF Parts Catolog says the alternator part number is
3710471M91. Hope this help you, :confused2:. To me it sounds like a lot of alternator for a Little/BIG Tractor, :thumbsup:. KC

Found it, Thanks MF Red:thumbsup:

Hi Wacky if your planning on using leds, they use very little current you could probably light the entire tractor like a christmas tree with Leds and be fine.
Billy
sorry I overlooked the smaller tractor category while searching the Massey website. try this link AGCO Compare use the engine and performance tab to see specs.
MF Red is correct and thats even better for you with the 40 amp alternator.

Yes it is. I am quite surprised. I think I would be able to use standard tractor lights for ALOT less money. 2 forward and one facing back. :cool:

/ Acc. light question #7  
I would go for the regular lights as well.
Billy

/ Acc. light question #8  
If you wish to get more precise on how many watts or amps are available here's the break-down.

Alternator 40amp

Fuel pump 1.5
Oil pressure display .28
Battery charge display .28
Turn signal 3.5
Tail lamps 1.75
Headlamps 4.3

Total worst case draw = 10.11 amps, take out the turn signal draw and you're using 6.11 amps which leaves you with 33.89 amps available or about 400 watts to maintain battery charge.

/ Acc. light question #9  
If you wish to get more precise on how many watts or amps are available here's the break-down.

Alternator 40amp

Fuel pump 1.5
Oil pressure display .28
Battery charge display .28
Turn signal 3.5
Tail lamps 1.75
Headlamps 4.3

Total worst case draw = 10.11 amps, take out the turn signal draw and you're using 6.11 amps which leaves you with 33.89 amps available or about 400 watts to maintain battery charge.

Wow,
I could use34 Amps to power the essentials in my house.

/ Acc. light question #10  
I'm not sure if its the same on the GC2610, but on my 1643, there were 3 power lines already pre-wired at the factory for adding accessories, such as lights. Made adding a rear work light super easy. On the 1643 they were tucked up by the ROPS.