actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #21  
Hey Bob Rocks, how did the OTT search turn out? Did you get them, if so how do you like them? I'm plainning on getting the steal ones, not so much for winter{chains work fine} but come spring I'll need them.
I'm still looking for the rubber OTT's like Solideal. Next to impossible to find used (folks really like them). All kinds of used steel link type are abundant around here on Craigslist. I think that the rubber OTT's give better tire puncture protection ("staking") for non foam-filled or solid tires.

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #22  
I'm still looking for the rubber OTT's like Solideal. Next to impossible to find used (folks really like them). All kinds of used steel link type are abundant around here on Craigslist. I think that the rubber OTT's give better tire puncture protection ("staking") for non foam-filled or solid tires.

:thumbsup:

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #24  
When you get some real world experience other that tootling around on a 35hp toy bulldozer I will take you seriously.Um, okay, whatever. Doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. Back in the early '60's I was running D-7 & D-8 cable blades. You remember those don't you? FWIW, my toy "hobby" dozer is 30 hp. Get ur facts straight. :laughing:

It's okay now, lets just give it a rest...

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #25  
I need to pull the trigger on tracks for 2006 RC100 with 1307 forestry hours.
Labor is a WAG (wild a** guess)

Options are:

Complete replacement undercarriage from Terex
Undercarriage $18332
Tax $1604
Labor WAG $2000
Total $21936 .... $16.78/hour

Complete parts replacement
2 Tracks $4832
4 14" wheels $3414
10 bogie whls $6901
Tax $1325
Labor WAG $4000
Total $20472 .... $15.66/hour

Partial parts
2 Tracks $4832
4 14" wheels $3414
Tax $ 721
Labor WAG $3000
Total $11967 .... $9.15/hour

Tracks only
2 Tracks $4832
Tax $ 422
Labor WAG $2000
Total $ 7254 .... $5.55/hour

Any experience with labor estimates and rebuild knowledge would be appreciated. I'm inclined to have the dealer pull the tracks, inspect wheels, then make a decision on replacement vs. full-partial-none rebuild. Aftermarket tracks would not make a big difference in the total cost.

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #26  
I don't have any experience with the ASV or Cats but I have lots with the Bobcats. If it takes more than 2 hours of labor per side to R&R tracks somebody is milking the clock. I'm 5'-4" 140 lbs and I can do 18" T300 tracks by myself in that amount of time. A forklift speeds the process a bit, but I can still manage with just a couple of good sized prybars. Why is everyone talking about replacing idlers and "boogie" wheels? The Bobcats almost never have a problem with these wearing out or the bearings failing.

Brian

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #27  
This is a good conversation and also educational! With the new Kubota skids being out and sell in Case, New Holland and Gehl we have been talking with a different customer base then normal.

We have found out that some companies do have more problems with idlers and drives then others. We have also found so depends on the conditions, we have also found people going back to wheeled units.

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #28  
anybody that needs asv tracks i can get them for 4500 a pair from terex i got 2000 hours out of the ones on both of my pt100s

/ actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #29  
$8.91 per hour track cost.

Just got machine back today. 1307 forestry hours on 2006 RC100

(2) Tracks $5076
(5) Bogie whls & tubes $2400
(8) 14" wheels $786
Labor $2380
Tax $1012
Total: $11654

Last edited:
   / actual repair cost by hour usage of skid crawler undercarriage #30  
$8.91 per hour track cost.

Just got machine back today. 1307 forestry hours on 2006 RC100

(2) Tracks $5076
(5) Bogie & tubes $2400
(8) 14 wheels $786
Labor $2380
Tax $1012
Total: $11654

Out of curiosity and my own self-interest, is $8.91 per hour an acceptable cost per hour in a brush cutting application? If not, what is, and if so, what amount would be too high for your personal liking? I hear numbers thrown around readily, but yours are the closest, unvarnished I have seen on the forum. I'll readily admit that I'm and ASV fan (I own a RC50), but I don't have any experience with the brush cutting side of the business other than about 4 or 5 guys I know that do it as a money making endeavor.