Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader?

/ Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader? #12  
How does the width of your 146 loader arms match up to the 600/700 series bucket? If they match, I would remove the bucket latches and modify the bucket mounts to take two pins like your bail spear. This would not be quick tach, but a lot cheaper and not add a lot of weight to loader. I think JD parts has sells a piece that replaces the latch plates with a side plate for the cross pin. Not all loader buckets were quicktach.

For Hooks, I got some steel plate 4" x 5", welded a hook in the center and drilled bolt holes to match the two slotted holes a the top of the bucket mounts and bolted them on with grade eight bolts. this puts the hooks inline with the loader arms so you are less likely to bend the loader masts or spring them.

/ Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader? #14  
kennyd, would you post the picture from JDparts of the pinned bucket attachment?, that might help show how he could use mount pins like his bale spear to mount the bucket. Just replace the latch plates with the part for the mount pin and get a piece welded back in where it's cut out on his mount for the top pin.
2361-640 Farm Loader-03May10
Sectional Index
60-Attachments
2-Standard Pinned Bucket Attachment

I can find things on JDparts, but don't know how to post the results. I can't even figure out how to print the pictures and parts key for reference:mad:

/ Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader? #15  
I can find things on JDparts, but don't know how to post the results. I can't even figure out how to print the pictures and parts key for reference:mad:

The way I do it: Hover over the picture with your cursor, then right click and select "save picture as". When the window pops up-be sure it save it to the desktop (so you can find it easliy) and give it a simple filename. Then all you need to do is "attach" it to your reply just as you would any other picture.

Clear as mud?

To print, Click the dropdown arrow next to the Enlarge Image and Print Selector and select what you want to print.

Attachments

• WP4477_________UN02APR01.gif
    WP4477_________UN02APR01.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 192
   / Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader? #16  
Ah, right click and then save as. I think I can do that.
I haved tried the drop down arrow for printing without any luck. I still end up printing pages of stuff starting with the contents box on the left.

I am thinking if he gets the part that goes in place of the quik latches and fabs up what got cut off so he can mount a top pin he could make it work only it would not be quik tach. That's if the width of his loader matches that bucket mount spacing. If it's close, maybe just play with the spacers on each side of the pins.

/ Adapting a JD series 600/700 quick tach loader bucket to a JD146 loader? #17  
I haved tried the drop down arrow for printing without any luck. I still end up printing pages of stuff starting with the contents box on the left.

Strange...works great for me:confused2: