Add A Grapple?

/ Add A Grapple? #1  

spechols

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT425
Group,

Long question on bucket grapples. I have an extra bucket (long story) and am thinking of adding a grapple to it. As I was looking at different Add-A-Grapples I noted that Titan’s Add-A-Grapple cost more then their Root Grapple (assuming I would just add a homemade PT mounting plate).

So – What would you do and why?

Thanks much

Attachments

• Root Grapple.jpg
    Root Grapple.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Add a grapple.jpg
    Add a grapple.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 105
   / Add A Grapple? #2  
This new format doesn't list your machines anymore. What is yours? If it is a 1430 or larger, I would get a blank PT plate and adapt it to a skid steer quick attach. Then you will have a vast choice of cheap implements that you can more easily resell when the time comes.
The attachment pic is what I made for mine. I had to cut the top A-frame off because it would curl back and fit tight with the PT upper link and it sliced one of my implement hyd hoses.
I am thinking about what I will use for my 1460, I think the Titan is not beefy enough for that size. (but it may be???)

Attachments

• 000_0011.JPG
    000_0011.JPG
    693.6 KB · Views: 116
   / Add A Grapple?
Both of mine are PT425

/ Add A Grapple? #4  
IMHO a bucket would not do as well to scrape roots, branches off the ground as the root grapple. See my picture in avatar for my new forks/add a grapple setup. There is also a thread if you are interested.
M5040--- I had the welder reinforce the PT adapter plate connection and I think the 3 point adapter would be strong enough with proper gussets, etc for your new 1460. I am picking up trees/debris that are big enough to cause the rear end to come up on my 1460 and no issues with the forks/grapple.
Also, there is a signature field in your user profile settings that will allow you to add your machine, attachments info and that information will be placed at the end of your posts.

/ Add A Grapple? #5  
I thought the equip carried over from the old system, but now I updated mine. Thanks. Any chance you can post a pic of your modified Titan adapter?

/ Add A Grapple? #7  
That adapter is super cool @PowerTracManiac - nicely done!

Probably a little much for my planned PT-425, but if you have the machine to rig it looks like a slick solution! Do you use that with hydraulic driven attachments too, or just "passive" tools like forks and buckets?

/ Add A Grapple? #8  
Looks very well built.

/ Add A Grapple? #9  
I've modified mini skidsteer attachments to the 425,good match. The dedicated root grapple will definitely be more useful than an adapted bucket. The utility grapple from pt is still the go to tool for the 425s here.

/ Add A Grapple? #10  
The challenge with these Power Tracs is that I keep seeing cool tools for them. This keeps up I'll have to use the Power Trac to build a new barn to hold more Power Trac attachments. Is there any cure for this addiction?