Add on Light

/ Add on Light #1  

GJHLAW

Hey Folks,
Im running a 2015 CK2510.

I'm looking to add a couple of adjustable LED work light fixtures to the upper sides of my ROPS. Wanted to know where do I get the power from. I noticed some leads on the left and right rear side of the tractor with electrical connectors. I obviously would want to use the existing dashboard based light switch, figuring one of the leads in the rear of tractor is for this purpose.

Any ideas?

GJH

/ Add on Light #2  
I use a DMM to test for that. Stick the probes in the connector and see if you have power, then turn the switch on or off. Doesn't matter which probe goes where, it will just give a - reading if they're reversed. Note the polarity when wiring up the LED connectors though, I'm sure it matters to those.

/ Add on Light
Thanks, I had read somewhere that the unit was actually already wired for a rear facing work light. It was an option when I bought.

/ Add on Light #5  
Thanks, I had read somewhere that the unit was actually already wired for a rear facing work light. It was an option when I bought.

I'm having a moment of self doubt but I *think* the rear work light on our CK35 is on the left hand side so I'd bet it's those.

I know there was an open lead on the right side of ours that is Ignition Hot because I used those to power the solenoid for our 3rd function.

I agree with flyerdan - grab your multi-meter and test them and see what you get.

/ Add on Light #6  
On my Bobcat there is a set of pig tail wires on the right rear under the rear fender. They are for the fender mounted Aux light. It is hot with key on and light works off a switch on the back of the light. I could not use it for my light bar as the fuse was not big enough, thus going to the starter hot lug with the inline fuse and relay included in my wiring kit that came with the light bar kit. My light bar can face either way, just by rotating it in its bracket if you use the lower mounting holes.

Hope this helps

/ Add on Light
Thanks, on the left side there is a 6 prong female ( 3 circuits it seems) connector outlet. On the right rear there is an extra exposed simple hot lead with 2 ends ( - & +). Cold when ignition is off, goes hit when headlight switch is turned on. It'll work provided amps are adequate etc.

/ Add on Light
Powerscol, your light bar, is it turned on/off via an in line switch ?
I see the pig tail you're talking about, if I were use a larger fuse to accommodate the 18 amp lamp fixture do I risk any other electrical issues?

/ Add on Light #9  
Thanks, on the left side there is a 6 prong female ( 3 circuits it seems) connector outlet. On the right rear there is an extra exposed simple hot lead with 2 ends ( - & +). Cold when ignition is off, goes hit when headlight switch is turned on. It'll work provided amps are adequate etc.

The 2 leads on the right goes hot w/ the headlight switch or the ignition switch?

On our CK35 that is the "Customer Use" circuit, is ignition hot, and it's fused at 15 Amps (topmost fuse on the fuse box on the lower right of the dash).

As for the increased Amperage from what the OEM circuit is designed for, you can double check the wire gauge for what it's rated to carry but I'd bet it's not going to be much over 15 Amps because larger gauge wire = more copper = More $ and when you multiply that over the number of tractors built, that's a big savings for Kioti.

/ Add on Light #10  
Powerscol, your light bar, is it turned on/off via an in line switch ?
I see the pig tail you're talking about, if I were use a larger fuse to accommodate the 18 amp lamp fixture do I risk any other electrical issues?

I installed a lighted switch in my dash - looks stock. See my install post for details on where I put it to clear other stuff under there. Dash was plastic so easy to cut. The wiring harness they provided was a perfect fit too.

Changing to a larger fuse can be very dangerous. If the wire gauge is not big enough you risk fire.