Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #1  

XxLT250RxX

Bronze Member
Hard to believe Mahindra 2565 tractors have no toolboxes. I added two and a rear mounted lever to control the three-point hitch.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #2  
Many of the Japan made tractors have the toolboxes right behind the seat for ease of access. It is optional equipment on many models and standard on the plush models.

1683473657548.png

So, I added one to mine. It still has the OE look.

20230507_134945 - Copy.jpg

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #3  
I like the idea of the lever to operate the lift.

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #5  
I like these boxes! Sometimes it is very handy to have your tool boxes be removable from the tractor.

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #6  
Nice job on the 3pt controls and the tool boxes XXLT250RXX. I like the functionality, it sure beats getting in the cab to adjust the hitch when hooking up implements. What did you use for the handle? How did you hook it up under the tractor?
Nice boxes but totally in the way.
How are the boxes in the way? The remotes are above the toplink, the toplink pin can be removed without the boxes being in the way, the side link can be adjusted without issue and the sway bars are in the clear. The tires might hit if they were moved in but how often do folks change the tire spacing?

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #8  
JMO and nothing more actually. Don't like the location.
The OPs posting does show a cab. so having the tooboxes just off the rear axle works for him.

MY machine has no space like the OPs tractor, so it's on a bridge behind the seat hanging on the ROPs.

I would assume having a toolbox for storage conveniently on a tractor is a must have for many. Just find the best place to work for you.

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes #9  
My OS M9 has the box on the back above the rear shelf next to the roll bar and the cab is located in front of the cab on the lower left side in front of the fuel filler. If I put a box where the op has his, it would last until the first time I had to set the lower arms to the most outward position and then they would wipe them out the first time I raised them. Don't work for me at all, plus that location would be a dirt and mud magnet.

/ Add Rear Three Point Control Lever and Toolboxes
Nice job on the 3pt controls and the tool boxes XXLT250RXX. I like the functionality, it sure beats getting in the cab to adjust the hitch when hooking up implements. What did you use for the handle? How did you hook it up under the tractor?

How are the boxes in the way? The remotes are above the toplink, the toplink pin can be removed without the boxes being in the way, the side link can be adjusted without issue and the sway bars are in the clear. The tires might hit if they were moved in but how often do folks change the tire spacing?
The handle is made from 1/4x1-1/4 flat steel with a handlebar grip slid on. To connect under the tractor I removed the original linkage and welded a cutoff bolt to to so the swivel joints would slide over it and be held on with a cotter pin.
IMG_7083.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7039.jpeg
    IMG_7039.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50