Added dual rear remotes to 4520R

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #11  
Here are some photos Hopefully they help you...

I have to make a small adjustment to one of the levers to get it centered up but other than that it went together quite easily. One tip... Assemble as much of the lever assembly as possible then get it loosely in place before installing the valves. I did this and it sure saved me some trouble installing the controls as there are some small cotter pins involved and it would have been awkward for sure!

These are very helpful. If a fellow wanted to put on a grapple, could you use one set of these remotes for opening/closing the jaws? I am thinking of getting a grapple but would prefer to have a set of rear remotes and just use one function for the jaws instead of having to run a button on my loader control, I think.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R
Absolutely. I have ordered a grapple and expect it to arrive in 2 weeks or so. As we're so close to each other pm me if you want to find a time when you can come look at it. I installed my 3rd function valve tonight, but want to make some changes to it. Paint the bracket etc.

These remotes will work fine for any cylinder application but they do not have a float position so aren't suitable for a log splitter, etc.

I will be adding a hydraulic top link in the future and also will have a flail, and a rake with hydraulic offset/angle.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #13  
Looks great, what exactly comes with kit, it seems that I don't have the cutouts for the extra sticks on mine?

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R
There are some differences between the 4520R and 4720. The dealer had to make sure I had the correct kit. The one for the earlier models has an extra hose, and I think the valve levers mount different too.

My kit included 2 valve bodies, the lever assembly, linkage bars to connect the levers to the valves, a 2pc bracket to mount the levers, 2 each male and female couplers and hardware.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #15  
... but they do not have a float position so aren't suitable for a log splitter, etc..

A "float" function wouldn't work with a log splitter :p

A "powered detent position" would. But you really find that only on dedicated log splitter spool valves.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #17  
I have a 4720CH that came with the rear remotes...

I am using a grapple that is connected the to remote that is labeled "II", that remote lever returns to center.. I plan to use a log splitter that I will attach to the remote labeled "I", that remote lever locks in either forward or backward positions.. the rear position has a symbol that looks like this "~" , I'm thinking that might be the position I want to use for the splitter... 20160828_092405.jpg

Last edited:
   / Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #18  
I have hit these guys up that you bought your kit*from several times without a response. I think I am going to try again next week.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #19  
I see where this started a few months back so I would "expect" to maybe find a slight increase in the "kit" price. I've called two Branson dealers in my area, one is the guy I bought my tractor from, the other is one of the main distributors located in North Plains, Oregon. Both quoted nearly the same amount for the kit, right at 1200.00 bucks. :eek: Where and how are guys finding these kits for 550.00???? :confused2: Dealer I bought my tractor from said his cost was over a grand....:confused3: