Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #1  

The Haymaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 T2220
I'm surprised I haven't seen these guards or heard of anyone shearing the lights from their T2220/TC34DA/2035.

I also added the rear work lights, but they won't be staying there. I have some better lights that will be mounted a bit more inboard when I have the time to fabricate the brackets. Word of note, the plugs available at that spot are keyed power, being available whenever the key is on, not when the headlights are turned on. I'll have to add a switch somewhere.

Attachments

• DSCF0637.JPG
    DSCF0637.JPG
    894.4 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCF0635.JPG
    DSCF0635.JPG
    882.5 KB · Views: 303
   / Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #2  
Haymaker,

The setup looks good, I mounted my switches on the gray plastic inserts that are on the fenders. There is just enough room if you bend the tabs over on the connections, here are a couple photos that show where I mounted ours.

I waterproofed the switches underneath with liquid electrical tape. Did you get the light guards at NH? I broke a light cover once but did no other damage and like those.

I used the same connections that you did, I used one for the lower lights and one for my upper lights.

IMG_0560%20%28Medium%29.JPG

IMG_0561%20%28Medium%29.JPG

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS
Great idea on the switch mounting! I'll have to get on that.

I made the guards immediately after purchasing. What I mow is surrounded by treeline and I have a few 15yo pines to run around, and that's not counting the stuff I do in the woods. I don't think the lights would have lasted long if I didn't make these.

The top simply fastens under the ROPS pivot bolt, and the bottom has two stainless 6mm bolts where the option work lights are supposed to mount.

E

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #4  
Thanks Haymaker,

I even looked on line for them:D, I'll get my local guy to make a set, at least I can print out yours for him to know what I want. Thanks

I like fabricating. These are simple, a little spartan if you look close. I don't have a bender, so they are made from individual pieces.

But they work!

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #6  
I can do some simple stick welding, I thought you did some bending on those, they look pretty good, I'll take a closer look.

Yeah, that's all it is. I had some flat stock left over ans simply measured each piece, tacked it on the floor, and kept fitting until it was done. They're stout, but I'm guessing those assemblies aren't cheap!

E

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #8  
When it gets warm again I'll make a set for ours, hoping to get into the trees with the Grapple and we will need them then.

/ Added light and protection to T2220 ROPS #9  
Excellent Job Guys!!

What is 'liquid electric tape'? Have used bead sealer with success, but never heard of the tape you spoke of.

Also, what amazes me is that Cab tractors have lighting options out the ying yang, but nothing for the ROPS folks. Really annoying, eh??

Excellent Job Guys!!

What is 'liquid electric tape'? Have used bead sealer with success, but never heard of the tape you spoke of.

"Liquid Electrical Tape" is available at most automotive stores. It's some nasty brew of material that you brush on like PVC cement. It's nasty, sticky, smelly, and spreads on your body worse than a bad itch, making anti-seize compound childs play in the messiness department.

BUT, when it comes to waterproofing connections, there is no second. Buy it and use it on as many projects as you can, because shelf life after opening is short.

Liquid tape