Added Pallet forks to my loader

/ Added Pallet forks to my loader #1  

Menagerie-Manor

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2310D John Deere LX172 Woodland Mills HM126
So I've learned you cannot winch logs up a ramp onto my mill in the PNW weather, a 1500lb log just spins. Since attachments for the Vtek loaders are unicorns I fabbed up a set of loader brackets and lucked out with a skid steer pallet forks on sale at Titan shipped for $249. Shifting the load center back almost 3 feet should bump up the capacity a fair bit.

pr1.jpgpr3a.jpgpr2.jpgpr4.jpg

Last edited:
   / Added Pallet forks to my loader #2  
Congratulations! They look like they should really help.

All the best,

Peter

/ Added Pallet forks to my loader
Congratulations! They look like they should really help.

All the best,

Peter
Just a tad wet there this weekend, we got slammed on Friday and Saturday.

/ Added Pallet forks to my loader #4  
So I've learned you cannot winch logs up a ramp onto my mill in the PNW weather, a 1500lb log just spins. Since attachments for the Vtek loaders are unicorns I fabbed up a set of loader brackets and lucked out with a skid steer pallet forks on sale at Titan shipped for $249. Shifting the load center back almost 3 feet should bump up the capacity a fair bit.

View attachment 846723View attachment 846724View attachment 846725View attachment 846726
Now if I may ask, can you provid a bit of know how and sketches of what you made. I bet others here with VTek loaders are just drooling over your upgrades here.

/ Added Pallet forks to my loader
Now if I may ask, can you provid a bit of know how and sketches of what you made. I bet others here with VTek loaders are just drooling over your upgrades here.
Really just a 100% copy of the bucket mounts.

Wasn't a huge process, just traced the bracket profile on cardboard and used an angle grinder to cut up a 2'x2' piece of 1/4' scrap steel plate from the shed. Doubled up the plate at the pins and used a hole saw for the pins. The skid steer attachment are like a blank slate so bolt up was easy.

Didn't do the autocad and laser cut stuff this time, gets a bit pricey...

Last edited: