added wheels to my 3pt chipper

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Thought id share this mod to my SALSCO.It makes it easier to roll up to the tractor to hook up.With the low overhead,where i store it,i cant back the tractor to it.It was hard to drag it.
Ialso had an issue of the pto being at such an angle the two halves didnt overlap much.This leveled up the shaft alot more.
It worked real good and im real happy with the customization of this.
Best part is i found these wheels at the landfill:)
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_2858.jpg
    100_2858.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_2859.jpg
    100_2859.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 389
   / added wheels to my 3pt chipper #2  
Ah shoot. Now I have another project to do. I have to quit signing on here. I just get full of ideas. Great job. I bet it does make it easier to move around. I have to put mine down on a furniture dolly. And then it's a little top heavy to push around too much.

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper #3  
I've got to get up the plan to convert my Salsco to a 3 pt hitch setup. I guess I'll leave the wheels on... :D

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper #4  
Jeez Alan! Put a guard on that PTO shaft will you? That uncovered shaft gives me the willies! :eek:

I need you to stick around to give me advice when I try to build something new. :D

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper #5  
Nice job! I'd like to find a used chipper like that and your modification will really make life easier for you. How much does that chipper weigh?

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper
Jeez Alan! Put a guard on that PTO shaft will you? That uncovered shaft gives me the willies! :eek:

I need you to stick around to give me advice when I try to build something new. :D

Yes your absolutely correct,good catch:eek:Ihad a bad habit of lifting the chipper up while it was still spinning and the extreme angle would chew things up .It happened a few times and i said the heck with it and removed it[the sheild] I have on my to do list this winter boxing in the pto area with steel,with one side being hinged to allow hook up.
ALAN

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper
Nice job! I'd like to find a used chipper like that and your modification will really make life easier for you. How much does that chipper weigh?

338 LBS.IT drags pretty mean on the wooden shed floor ,the wheels make it easier:)
ALAN

/ added wheels to my 3pt chipper #8  
I bought a 9" Bear Cat chipper a couple years back and mounted 4" swival casters on four sides. It is heavy ( over a thousand # or so it seems ) and the casters make it easy to push back in the storage shed. I didn't want to make it any larger with wheels extending out passed the sides as it takes up enough space already. One sure can get a work out feeding its hungry appetite.