adding 3-point to New Holland 545d

/ adding 3-point to New Holland 545d #1  

jfkid

Tractor
Ford
Hi!
I am looking for a skip loader type 4x4 tractor in Eastern Washington. This loader only 545d came up. It does have a PTO but I'm worried that adding the 3-point may not be an easy job. It is located a half day's drive from me so I havn't had a chance to look at it in person. Seller is helpful but I'm not sure how to tell what all needs added for the 3 point. I think it looks like its missing the internal parts for the lift arm and I'm guessing its overly expensive to add to this machine. That should be between the seat and the rear axle right? Thanks for any information or wisdom! Here are photos of the machine:
New Holland 545d-rear.jpg
New Holland 545d-left.jpg

Attachments

• New Holland 545d-right.jpg
    New Holland 545d-right.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 100
   / adding 3-point to New Holland 545d #2  
Expensive is an understatement. That said, it can be done but.........

/ adding 3-point to New Holland 545d #3  
Wow, someone (most likely a rental company) must have decided it was easier to remove than to fix it. You could find the top cover on any 445/545, 445A/545A, 445C/545C or 445D/545D or a slew of 3 cylinder ag tractors after 1975 that would work.
The links and arms are more specific to the D Series.

/ adding 3-point to New Holland 545d #4  
Hi!
I am looking for a skip loader type 4x4 tractor in Eastern Washington. This loader only 545d came up. It does have a PTO but I'm worried that adding the 3-point may not be an easy job. It is located a half day's drive from me so I havn't had a chance to look at it in person. Seller is helpful but I'm not sure how to tell what all needs added for the 3 point. I think it looks like its missing the internal parts for the lift arm and I'm guessing its overly expensive to add to this machine. That should be between the seat and the rear axle right? Thanks for any information or wisdom! Here are photos of the machine:
View attachment 813988View attachment 813989

Did you buy it? I mulled around thinking about buying that one for a while, but it is gone and I am not the one who bought it. I have a 445D and I really like it. Only reason I was interested in that one was that it's a 545 I guess. I had not noticed the lack of 3pt parts. I am probably better off having not taken on another project.