Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203

/ Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203 #1  

Tired-N-Dusty

I have a John Deere 5203. I had one set of SCVs added to it after I bought it but failed to add two sets due to budget. I want to add another set at this point and was wondering if this is something the average person can do. I assume that most of it is plumbing. What all do I need to buy?

Thanks

Tied-n-dusty

/ Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203 #2  
Bad timing sir. They just reversioned the part number from LVB25503 to LVB25771 to be compatible with the new 5D/E series tractors. They took the opportunity to raise the price from $520 to $551 for the kit. I know this because I just spent the $551. :(

Give me until the end of the weekend (if my kit arrives) and I'll let you know how how painful the surgery is. If you talk nice, I might even take pictures. :)

/ Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203
When I added the first set of ports it would have cost around $300 to add the second set if I recall???. Of course now it costs quite a bit more to do it. Are you adding the first set, a second set, or two sets at once?

/ Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203 #4  
Sorry. I should have clarified that above. I have a 2008 5303, so the first SCV came with the tractor as standard equipment. I am adding the second SCV.

Sounds like we both should have ordered the second remote with the new tractor. Someday I'll learn....

/ Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203 #5  
I just installed a second remote kit on a 5205 this past weak. The part# for the kit is LVB25065 it cost $520. The install was an easy one just had to remove the right fender, draft control lever and the seat. Here are are some pics. of the install. I hope this helps you out.

Attachments

• pto stop 309.jpg
    pto stop 309.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 899
  • pto stop 310.jpg
    pto stop 310.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 806
  • pto stop 311.jpg
    pto stop 311.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 833
   / Adding a set of hydraulic ports to a JD 5203 #6  
Bad timing sir. They just reversioned the part number from LVB25503 to LVB25771 to be compatible with the new 5D/E series tractors. They took the opportunity to raise the price from $520 to $551 for the kit. I know this because I just spent the $551. :(

Give me until the end of the weekend (if my kit arrives) and I'll let you know how how painful the surgery is. If you talk nice, I might even take pictures. :)

Resurrecting this old thread cause I thought it was interesting that dealer just quoted me $805 for the kit and $525 for the installation ($375 install/$150 transport).