Oil & Fuel Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #171  
I plumbed mine with fuel lines that run up front to the Racor from the tank, them back to the fuel pump, so the Racor is plumbed before the pump. At first I plumbed it after the pump just because it was easier and then on the advice of others on this board changed it.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #172  
:thumbsup: Now to get Kubota to realize that their factory BX filters are a cruel joke, and they should be putting something a little better than a $5 snowmobile filter on a $20,000 tractor!!!;)

Would the B Series Kubota tactors also benefit/"need" a similar filter improvement "fix"??? Or does the B series have a better factory set-up? Thanks Tom R

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #173  
Would the B Series Kubota tactors also benefit/"need" a similar filter improvement "fix"??? Or does the B series have a better factory set-up? Thanks Tom R

You can see the B series filter here.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25
Even with the Racor up front, you still need a pre filter for the fuel pump don't you to prevent dirt fouling the pump?

The lift pump could be susceptible to debris, but im willing to take that chance (its a relatively large clearance, non percision pump). Its not that expensive of a part if it goes. Its the injection pump to be worried about.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25

The B has a considerably better filter, however, its still not as good as the ones were installing on the BXs IMHO. Considering that, the B could do with an upgrade too, but its not nearly as bad out of the box as what comes stock on the BX.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #176  
Every fuel pump I've ever pulled out of a vehicle had at least a fuel pump strainer before the pump. The added hose I used to run from the tank to the fuel filter added up to about 2.5 feet and my cost on that would be around $2.00. The photo I attached is the crap that came out of the filter on my BX at 70 hours. Imagine that stuff going through your pump.
I bet you won't replace your pump for $2.00 Then there's the down time on your tractor because of it. They usually don't brake down in the shop either ;)

AMEN to THAT Paul...!

PaPow