Adding additional Hydraulic hookups?

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups?
Im actually not sure what they do. I believe it has electric tie so I assume the hydraulics is just to open and let the bale out. It seems to have two hoses. Here is a picture of it. Its a vermeer 504g 4x5. Have not purchased it yet because I want to make sure it will work on our tractor.
http://www.yfmonline.com/images/290_IMG_1720.JPG

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #12  
So it looks like thebaler needs 1 double acting service, so you need a double acting valve on the tractor.

Cant remember??? Have you any valves fitted to the tractor so far??

Thanks so much for the continued help! I bought a baler today and ended up going with a new holland 630. It has two hydraulic hoses to hook up and they operate to open and close the rear gate to let the bales out. I never have added any hook ups as i ended up keeping the sickle bar we have so, currently the situation is i have no place to hook up any hoses, what do I need to make this work? I know many of these tractors have front end loaders so there must be away. Thanks again for the help.

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #15  
Thats probably right , but it displays a blank page for me!!

Dueto the age of the tractor, the valve sets will i think be hard to find and expensive!!, you may have more luck in salvage yards??

I think your right but, what about a different direction and make my own set up? Could I tap into the existing system with a duel action valve like from a log splitter and add hookups to that? It only has to have two simple functions like a log splitter to open and close a tailgate.

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #17  
If you have an external path for the hyd, you can add valves to control whatever.

IF the hyd are internal, there is usually a cover plate for a hyd circuit to add additional valves to the tractor.

The pump is mounted up front by distributer and has two external lines running back length of tractor back to controls and fluid tank under driver seat. Are these lines what you would tap into for additional valves?

Birch hill farm see atts for info previously discussed, this should answer your questions

I have used the 444 European parts book as diagrams are clearer !!!!
If I use the existing tapping on the control head can I hook a duel action valve to that port or will it only be able to be used as a single action, like a simple lift with gravity drop?

/ Adding additional Hydraulic hookups? #20  
The existing tapping can be used as a supply, it will only work when the hydraulic lever is in the raised position.

The return will have to go to the filler point at the rear, it would be better if the returnwas tapped into the point where the drain plug is !!