Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301
Thats great, thanks for the link! But why did you go to all the trouble to tie into the back? Whats the benefit versus tying into, what seems to be, the much easier to access front connection?

Also, I found a cheaper single spool valve on Bailey's website but their terminology is a little different. It says tandem center, which I believe I have translated to open center, right? But it says 4 way, nothing about power beyond. Would this be the same thing? It appears that basically the pressure comes in, is either diverted through A or B to extend or retract the cylinders, or passes through the open center and out the other side. Would this be correct?

And one other thing. This particular valve doesn't appear to have a pressure relief. Is this necessary or does the factory one protect the entire system?

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301 #13  
Provide a link to the valve.

All valves in an open center hyd system need a PB line to pass fluid downstream.

You can get by with at least one relief valve right after the pump.

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301 #14  
The loader valve has relief in it. Anything downstream of that valve is protected by that upstream valve. Well actually the relief is protecting the pump, not the stuff downstream.

I didn't tie into anything in back. The block Kubota put in there to distribute hydraulics is right under your right foot. I put my 3 spool valve where it was convenient near the seat & all the QCs in back for my TnT. To run a 3rd function to the loader would mean long hoses to the rear, but I don't have any loader based needs for a 3rd function yet. So far I only have hydraulic angle on my scraper blade... Back by where my QCs are. Not ideal for a loader based 3rd function, but works for my needs for now. Putting the 3rd function spool near the loader spool might be more convenient for you, & shouldn't really affect the basic plumbing.

Its a 2013 or 14 (whichever is first for the DPF in the exhaust) Kubota L3301. I believe the relief valve is in the valve body that controls the FEL. So if I understand the function of the system in my head correctly, since its all in series, that protects everything?

I've never done so, but hopefully the link is here:

http://www.baileynet.com/product/9601

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301 #16  
Your tractor & mine are the same except for the DPF & a few trivial cosmetic changes. The loader valve has relief.

Oh ok, I see. I didn't understand it correctly. I read all the part about pulling the fender and whatnot. I guess when I saw all the plumbing going on, I thought that was where you tapped in as well. You guys are making it simple, and I thank you for that! I'm just over analyzing I'm sure, because I'm reading it from too many other places and watching videos, etc, and so many people use different methods and terminology and its easy to get it jumbled up...

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301 #18  
If a valve has the PB option, the PB port is already there and plugged.

To use it as a PB valve, you need a PB sleeve or a hex screw to convert it.

If the valve description does not say anything about PB, then it was designed as the only or last valve in a hyd circuit, and using it otherwise could damage the valve.

Once again, the solenoid valve is full flow, and lever valve will allow feather capability.

Gotcha, so the loader valve is basically a more complicated valve like what I'm trying to add now. Just inline, using hydraulic flow in the series of whatever valves may be in the circuit of fluid, passing fluid out of its PB port. Except its first in line, having the pressure relief to protect the pump and essentially governing the pressure limit of the rest of the system.

So lesson 1: Don't add anything in front of the loader valve because if not relieved properly, pump damage could occur.
Lesson 2: Any valve put in the circuit, unless its the last in line, must be specifically labeled PB for the outgoing line? Can't just be a plain "out" line?

And can I assume that I will never have any "last in line" valve? Wouldn't that be the 3 point?

And J_J
I understand what your saying. Thats a good point. That is why I'd like to stay away from the solenoid setup. I'd like to have the precise control of the feather capability.

/ Adding FEL hydraulics to Kubota L3301 #20  
I pulled the fender to mount the new valve conveniently, not to access existing plumbing.

I was in your situation (ignorant but motivated) before I started my mods. Once you get the basics down, its not too hard & you drop the ignorant part. I still haven't gotten the hose routing on the rear of mine sorted out. Going to wait to break a hose & replace it with a better size, fittings & routing.

These type of questions are pretty common on here. I'd suggest reading through the archives a bit. Even if it's not about your particular tractor you'll end up figuring out the terms & parts involved. Open center, closed center, power beyond, etc.