Adding hydraulic hookup to L3600

/ Adding hydraulic hookup to L3600 #1  

JimLS

I just picked up a wood splitter with no motor or valve. Limited experience with hydraulics. I will only use it 10 - 20 hours a year so want to hook it to the the L3600. I understand it will be a bit slow but hopefully not TOO bad. I see most of the existing stuff (loader, etc) uses 3/8 hoses. Any reason to go to 1/2" or are 3/8" fine? Where is the best/easiest place to hook in? I have a loader with quick disconnects so am thinking that would be easy and I should be able to just break one line and insert the valve for the splitter and retain use of the loader (could use both at once, perhaps to lift heavy pieces onto splitter. Or should I look at hooking into the rear? I currently have one lever that operates a cylinder on one side of the TPH. It looks like I may be able to get a part that bolts onto the side of that valve to allow live hydraulic connections - I am pretty sure you can get another valve to stack beside the one that is there. There are quick connects on the back of the tractor for the cylinder but those are after the valve.

Flow in tractor system is 2500 PSI, 8 GPM as I remember. Have thought about getting the log splitter valve that can send pressure to both ends for faster low force extension but the valve is rated for 4 GPM (again from memory). Cylinder is 4" with about a 2" shaft.

Are the Kubota quick connects readily available? Since the cylinder is old I planned to force as much old oil out as possible, use it a bit, and change the oil in the tractor - it is due anyway.

Would appreciate advice on this...

Another item - is there enough hyd output on this tractor for a small hyd bank mower or would that need to run off the PTO?