Adding hydraulic to MF35 Special

/ Adding hydraulic to MF35 Special #1  

TennFire

MF35 - gas - good operational condition but would like to add hydraulics to power some accessories. Most of current use involves a box blade and field mower.

I like the tractor size and weight because it tows well on a 16 foot trailer and all of my use requires approximately 1 hour drives. I am not sure I want to sell (this was wife's grandfather's tractor) to just get hydraulics.

What options are there to add hydraulics? I have seen the kit on Ebay that sells for just under $300 to take power from the 3 point but it has its disadvantages.

/ Adding hydraulic to MF35 Special #2  
There is a valve available that replaces the small plate just under the right front corner of the seat. That is where you access the hydraulic power on your tractor. If any of your implements using the auxiliary hydraulics is mounted on the 3 point hitch, it is very difficult to use this hydraulic power. But if the equipment is pull type then it can be used effectively. Your other option is to install a separate hydraulic system on your tractor using a front mounted hydraulic pump driven off the crankshaft of the engine.

/ Adding hydraulic to MF35 Special
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is a valve available that replaces the small plate just under the right front corner of the seat. That is where you access the hydraulic power on your tractor. If any of your implements using the auxiliary hydraulics is mounted on the 3 point hitch, it is very difficult to use this hydraulic power. But if the equipment is pull type then it can be used effectively. Your other option is to install a separate hydraulic system on your tractor using a front mounted hydraulic pump driven off the crankshaft of the engine. )</font>

I have seen the auxiliary adapter from time to time on ebay for about $300. I was looking at other options such as running a pump off of the engine, a PTO pump or even a 12VDC unit.