Adding led lights...relay or not

/ Adding led lights...relay or not #51  
my thoughts...

If you get a good enough switch, you are good. I like the light up switches from amazon. They make cool light up ones that say cool things too. Mine are all orange (i have a Kubota) leds too. They look great and fit with the tractor. Relay's became important as car computer switching become more common/important and for high amp needs. An led light bar doesn't qualify. For the picky reader, these are 20 amp switches.

Amazon.com: mictuning 5pin Laser LED Light Bar Rocker Switch ON-OFF LED Light 20A 12V Blue: Automotive

/ Adding led lights...relay or not #53  
I see. I must be wired through the ignition switch also because my lights only go on when the key is on. I'm wired through the fuse box "aux work light" fuse which had nothing on it so I used it. I do not know how it is wired upstream of that fuse. I do not know if there is already a relay or not. With max 6 amp draw, is there any risk of damaging the ignition circuit if there is no relay?

Is your factory configured?

/ Adding led lights...relay or not #54  
Is your factory configured?

It is factory configured with a "Fuse 3 (10A): Work lamp" and a wire going from that fuse to the back of the tractor. I tied into that wire with 2 switches, one for front lights, one for rear lights. I looked at the wiring diagram and the dash board is upstream of the 10A work lamp fuse with another 10A fuse before the dash board. Which means the 10A fuse before the dash is running 6A (total theatrical, probably less in reality) plus whatever draw the dash takes. Per the manual the dash lights only take 1.4 watts so ~1/10 amp.

The fuse I tied into was designed to take a factory optional work lamp. I don't know how many amps that factory work lamp draws but it is probably not too different from my 4 LED floods @ 6 amp total. So I think I'm OK.

I guess if I'm going to add any more lights I should go directly from the battery. But I don't think I need any more light. The four LED floods light the area around the tractor very well and the factory headlamps are good for distance straight ahead. And since my forward lights are in front of me and rear lights behind me, I don't have any issues with being blinded or getting glare from my own lights affecting my night vision. So I can see well without a huge light bar.

/ Adding led lights...relay or not #55  
The fuse I tied into was designed to take a factory optional work lamp. I don't know how many amps that factory work lamp draws but it is probably not too different from my 4 LED floods @ 6 amp total. So I think I'm OK.

I think you are fine. Sounds like younthought itthrough very well. As long as the 10A fuses are 10A you should be good to go. On those who have used tractors, checking the proper fuse size is in the proper fuse holder is always a good idea.