Adding on a tool box

/ Adding on a tool box #1  

Madman_Mark

I want to make a steel toolbox to mount/bolt on my rear fender.
Does anyone have any pictures they can post or advice they can give ?
It would be about 18 inches long by 8 inches wide.

/ Adding on a tool box #2  
If you can make it fit go for it. Just be sure it has a hinged cover & latch cause you don't want thing bouncing out.

/ Adding on a tool box #3  
Mark if your dead set to mount one on your fender then I can't be of much help. But if you have a ROPS and are looking for an alternative idea click here

/ Adding on a tool box #4  
Madman_Mark . . . there are several of us who have added them on the back of New Holland tractors.

I don't recall any that mounted to the fender. I mounted mine to the base of the ROPS by pulling a bolt from each base, inserting my bracket, and then reinstalling the original bolt.

326464-bracket.jpg

/ Adding on a tool box #5  
Here is a picture with the toolbox installed, the original factory rear auxiliary light is also re-installed in the original position. The toolbox is slighly offset to one side to allow the factory light to remain in the original position.

326466-box.jpg

/ Adding on a tool box #6  
Here is a side view.

The box is big enough to hold a small limb saw, 2 pairs of 16" long limb cutters, assorted small tools, a length of chain, a tow strap, etc.

326521-sidebox.jpg

/ Adding on a tool box #7  
There's a lot of us that have done this. I used ammo boxes. Can't find the thread, here's the link to the pic. ToolBoxes

/ Adding on a tool box #8  
Don't know what kind of tractor you're wanting to put a toolbox on, but here's a pic of a Craftsman box on my BX2200. It's pop riveted to the sheet metal between the fenders.

Attachments

• 381537-TLBX&PWR.JPG
    381537-TLBX&PWR.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 284
   / Adding on a tool box #9  
Milkman. . . and all others, what about RUST?

I painted my bracket with 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of black paint after I drilled the holes for the screws. . . but I still worry about rust where the box attaches to the bracket. In the case of Milkman, I would think rust would occur where the mounting holes were drilled? Maybe I am just overly concerned about rust, but I was just wondering what others had done to prevent it?

/ Adding on a tool box #10  
Milkman,

I thought I remembered you attaching with large tie wraps through the toolbox? Am I thinking of someone else, or did you go back and make changes?

I have this on my list of things to do someday when I get a breather.........